- But, you caught the bad guy. The Joker's back in Arkham for like the seventy-ninth time -- where maybe we can hold onto him for more than an hour and a half this time...
- -- Nightwing
Appearing in "Hush (Part VIII of XII) - The Dead"
- Nightwing's truncheon
Synopsis for "Hush (Part VIII of XII) - The Dead"
Later, Bruce is back in the Batcave, pouring over all of the evidence associated to Tommy's murder. He deduces that the Joker is actually innocent, and that someone went out of their way to make Batman believe him guilty. Nightwing drops by and shows concern over Bruce's wellbeing. He knows that Bruce has been seeing Selina, and encourages him to reveal his secret identity to her.
Before long, Oracle radios Batman and Nightwing, informing them that the Riddler has just hijacked an armored car. The two heroes set aside their investigation to quickly nab him. Racing through the streets of Gotham in the Batmobile, they use the vehicle's battering ram feature to force the armored car off the road. The Riddler tries to flee, but Batman easily nabs him. Investigating the scene for further evidence, Batman is surprised to find ash from a Lazarus Pit near the wreckage of the armored car.
Elsewhere, Harvey Dent, garbed in a trench coat and bandages, springs the Joker out of Arkham Asylum. Removing the bandages, he reveals that his face has been completely healed of the gruesome scarring that earned him the sobriquet, Two-Face.
Later, Batman meets Catwoman at the Gotham City Zoo. Taking her into his confidence, he removes his cowl, revealing the face of Bruce Wayne.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Hush, Volume 2 trade paperback.
- Earliest chronological appearance of Thoms Elliot. Flashback reveals first meeting between Bruce and Tommy.
- This issue reveals that the man seen in bandages in issues #614 and #615 is actually Harvey Dent, not Hush.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 615 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 615
Links and References
- Batman series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Batman series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Batman series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe