- You're not my enemy, Batman. I used to think defeating you was my main objective in life. No. You're merely a hindrance. My main goal now and forevermore will be a better world. If that means we cross swords, so be it, but... I've changed.
- -- Poison Ivy
Appearing in "Face the ɘɔɒᖷ, Part 2 of 8"
- Adam Sterling (Single appearance)
- Crissy Dublin (Single appearance)
- John Burns (Single appearance)
- Sapphire Brady (Single appearance)
- Sara Buckmaster (First appearance)
- Sean Rassel (Single appearance)
- Gotham City Police Headquarters
- Vanguard Building
Synopsis for "Face the ɘɔɒᖷ, Part 2 of 8"
A year has passed since the events of Infinite Crisis. No one has seen Batman in all that time. For the first time in several years, the Bat-signal lights in the sky above the city.
Poison Ivy takes control of the Vanguard Building and holds several people hostage, including Wayne Enterprises CEO, Lucius Fox. Ivy detonates a bomb in the city's upper floors to prove she means business.
Batman and Robin enter the building and stealthily make their way through the wreckage. As they get closer to Ivy, they encounter several large plant creatures. They cut their way through the swathe and continue towards Ivy. While Batman confronts her directly, Robin sneaks off to dump chemical defoliant in the building's sprinkler systems. Ivy ensnares Batman with some vines, but he quickly cuts through them. He tells Ivy that Robin is prepared to destroy every plant in the building unless she releases the hostages. Unwilling to let her precious plants die, Ivy gives up.
Later at police headquarters, Batman and Robin consult with James Gordon (now reinstated as police commissioner). Bullock telephones in and tells the commissioner that they have just located the murdered body of one of Batman's old foes – Magpie.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Face the Face collected edition.
- The Face the Face storyline is a crossover between Batman and Detective Comics, continued from Detective Comics #817 and continuing into Detective Comics #818.
- This issue is published as part of the One Year Later event, taking place a year after Infinite Crisis and the previous issue.
- The Creeper appears as Jack Ryder only in this issue.
- Includes ' weekly editorial by Dan DiDio.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 651 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at IGN Comics
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at Dark Knight
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
The events from this issue take place one year after the events of the 2006 limited series Infinite Crisis. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: 1 Year Later Crossover.