"Grotesk Part 2": Batman arrives at the offices of the Omnimed corporation and interrogates Dr. Myles Strane, a research and development scientist in the company, about the Mimic device. When asked, Strane admits that Omnimed's head, Jaqui Tremayne, stole the technolo
- Prepare to bleed.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Grotesk Part 2"
- Johnny Karaoke (Single appearance) (First appearance)
- Geisha Grrls (Single appearance) (First appearance)
- Beyonce (Single appearance)
- Brittany (Single appearance)
- J. Lo (Single appearance)
- Mariah (Single appearance)
- Mike (Single appearance)
- Myles Strane (Single appearance) (Only appearance; dies)
- Gotham City
- Saint Eligius Medical Center
Synopsis for "Grotesk Part 2"
Batman arrives at the offices of the Omnimed corporation and interrogates Dr. Myles Strane, a research and development scientist in the company, about the Mimic device. When asked, Strane admits that Omnimed's head, Jaqui Tremayne, stole the technology from Wayne Franklin's similar I-Gore device but claims they never got it to work. He also doubts it worked for Franklin for anything by general scalpel work.
Meanwhile, a limousine pulls up to the main Omnimed entrance and a Japanese man gets out, singing, with four women standing behind him. When the guards tell him to leave, he introduces himself as Johnny Karaoke before the women shoot the glass doors in, allowing him entrance and the five of them "race" the elevators up. Batman, hearing the gunfire, orders Strane to organize Franklin's notes and lock the door while he investigates, launching himself down an elevator shaft. He lands in the same one as Karaoke, punching him out, but when he goes back into the shaft he finds himself surrounded by the women, speaking Japanese, and all wielding weapons. A fight ensues, with Batman disarming the girls, telling them they rely too much on weapons.
Upstairs, Grotesk has snuck into the building, also planning to take Dr. Franklin's notes.
From atop the elevator, Batman sees Karaoke flee the elevator and follows him. During the chase he outs him as actually being from Southern California, telling him to drop the fake accent. Karaoke, relying on his past fencing training, draws a sword from his cane and lunges as Batman. He misses, and after Batman knocks him to the ground and demands to know why he's after the Mimic device, Karaoke claims to have helped pay for it's development only to have it stolen from him. Suddenly, the building's sprinkler system goes off, which Batman knows means that Grotesk has returned. He races back to Strane's lab, but is too late. Not only has Grotesk claimed his next victim, the Mimic device and all accompanying documentation is missing.
After leaving the scene, Batman fills Commissioner Gordon in on what happened in Omnimed, then his theory that Wayne Franklin is Grotesk. Gordon tells him that Franklin was borrowing money from several rival organizations including the Wayne Foundation, the Russian Mob, and the Yakuza. Batman recommends that Franklin's body be exhumed for identity confirmation.
Meanwhile, Russian mobsters--including Perun--enter the emergency room of Saint Eligius Medical Center pretending to have been shot. After shooting the officer on emergency room duty, they hold a gun on Amina Franklin demanding the money her brother Wayne owes to them, whether he's dead or not. Perun shoots a bystander, promising to do the same every ten seconds he doesn't get either Wayne or his money. He begins to count, when a gas grenade emblazoned with a bat-symbol flies into the room followed by a shout of "Everybody down!". Seconds later a batarang lands in Perun's hand, making him drop the gun, and Batman leaps out of the smoke at him.
- This book was first published on December 13, 2006.
- This issue shipped on December 13, 2006.
- Includes DC Nation editorial #39 by Dan DiDio.
- The Geisha Grrls are all named after female musicians, namely Jennifer "J. Lo" Lopez, Britney Spears (Brittany), Beyonce Knowles, and Mariah Carey
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 660 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 660
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Batman article at Wikipedia
- Batman profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Batman series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Batman series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Batman series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe