"The Island of Mister Mayhew": At the very beginning of the story, we get a sneak peek at the Black Glove but our attention is quickly turned to Batman and Robin, who are heading to an island in the Caribbean where they are meeting at the house of John Mayhew. When they arrive on the island, the
- This weekend the Black Glove settles the age-old question once and for all. Which is strongest? Good? Or evil?
Appearing in "The Island of Mister Mayhew"
- "The International Club of Heroes"
Synopsis for "The Island of Mister Mayhew"
At the very beginning of the story, we get a sneak peek at the Black Glove but our attention is quickly turned to Batman and Robin, who are heading to an island in the Caribbean where they are meeting at the house of John Mayhew. When they arrive on the island, they run into The Knight, a friend and former teammate of Batmans. As the three our making their way to the house, we see the rest of the collected group at Mayhew's house, all former members of the "International Club of Heroes", a short-lived team, paid for by John Mayhew, who's only well-known members were Batman and Robin. Man-Of-Bats, Wingman, and Dark Ranger are just a few of those who make up this group and they go on to have various conversations, basically killing time until Batman, Robin and the Knight arrive. Meanwhile, on their way to the house, Batman and the Knight converse, conveying that this team hasn't met in full in a very long time, dating back to when Bruce Wayne first started out as Batman. When they arrive, the group sits down to watch a video that's been prepared for them, seemingly featuring their old friend and boss, John Mayhew. As the video goes on The Black Glove admits in the video that it is really him but he is wearing John Mayhew's face as a mask. He goes on to say that the team will have to find a way to escape the island or suffer death, one by one. After the video ends Batman commands that someone find the room in which the video was shot. There is an explosion outside and the team rushes out to find that the boat, their only means for escaping the island, has been blown up. Meanwhile, Eagle finds the surveillance room and is about to figure out which room the video was shot in when he is stabbed by a mysterious figure, soon revealed to be the Black Glove.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: The Black Glove trade paperback.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 667 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 667
Links and References
- Batman article at Wikipedia
- Robin article at Wikipedia
- Gotham City article at Wikipedia
- Batman series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Batman series index at the Grand Comics Database (creator credits)