"Batman R.I.P. - Midnight in the House of Hurt": Six Months From Now
- Master Bruce has a very clear idea of human perfection towards which he constantly strives, you understand. The absolute physical mastery of the top martial artists, gymnasts or yogis... the logical deductive skills of master philosophers, forensic scientists and detectives... the understanding, discrimination and moral clarity of ultimate zen adepts... need I continue? His is a mind like no other. I have grave doubts either of us will ever fully comprehend its decisions, but we must never underestimate its strength and resilience.
Appearing in "Batman R.I.P. - Midnight in the House of Hurt"
- Black Glove
- Ishmael a.k.a. Green Vulture (Single appearance)
- Honor Jackson (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Batman R.I.P. - Midnight in the House of Hurt"
Six Months From Now
Rain falls from a crimson sky as Batman calls out from the shadows, "You're wrong! Batman and Robin will never die!"
Le Bossu, a hunchback, is being wooed by the criminal organization Black Glove. To test their abilities he kills a man on their meeting places doorstep, which they've begun to cover up before he even has his wrap off.
Gotham City is experiencing a lull of super-crime, prompting Alfred and Robin to convince Batman to "take it easy" after his recent "four minute death". He agrees to do so, taking the new Batmobile out instead of working on the "Black Glove case", and ends up chasing down a light-weight, drugged-up, costumed criminal who's taken a family hostage in a car.
When they return to Wayne Manor, Bruce wordlessly goes to his bedroom, still partially in costume, and embraces Jezebel Jet. Alfred and Tim go to the Batcave, discussing Damian al Ghul's paternity along the way, and Alfred reveals that a DNA test was done but it was decided that Bruce was waiting to tell Tim the results "when the time was right."
Bruce takes Jezebel to his parents grave site, where he lays flowers, and they discusses pending separations due to work. Before they say goodbye, she gives him a "mysterious" envelope from an "elite group of incredibly rich people" inviting them to a Danse Macabre themed party being held by the Black Glove.
- This is the first part of the Batman R.I.P. storyline, which takes place on the Batman title.
- The Batman and Robin 6 months later scene is followed up on in Batman and Robin # 3 when the duo confronts Le Bossu for the final time.
- This issue is reprinted on the R.I.P. Collected Edition.
- The Zur-En-Arrh phrase appears in the "Next in" section.
- First appearance of the new Batmobile in action.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 676 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 676
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
Batman R.I.P. Crossover