"The Guardian of 100 Cities!": Batman and Robin look for some criminals who are hiding in a Hollywood studio lot, while the only inhabitant in that place makes everything to stop them from capturing the crooks. After the man is save
- That ballad is a swell tribute but it makes me feel self-conscious!
- -- Robin
Appearing in "The Guardian of 100 Cities!"
- Roger Stanton (Single appearance)
- Shag Darnell (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Guardian of 100 Cities!"
Batman and Robin look for some criminals who are hiding in a Hollywood studio lot, while the only inhabitant in that place makes everything to stop them from capturing the crooks. After the man is saved by Batman, he decides to help the Dynamic Duo and together, thet capture the criminals.
Appearing in "The Bat-Train"
- Slamm (Single appearance)
- Wilden (Single appearance)
- Bloss (Single appearance)
- Wires Welken (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "The Bat-Train"
Various Police Departments across the country ask Batman to travel to each of their cities and give lectures about his crime-fighting career in order to deter people from turning to crime. For this purpose, the City Hall provides the funds necessary to build a Bat-Train, which would be used to carry all of Batman's equipment and arsenal against crime to the different locations.
On their cross-country journey, Batman and Robin stop several crimes, some of which take place on the very same Bat-Train. Some crooks have decided to take the chance to steal a valuable trophy from Batman's collection, as it contains information about them. Batman manages to stop the criminals and he uses them as an example on his lectures.
Appearing in "The Ballad of Batman"
- John Martin (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Ballad of Batman"
Sam Strong is a country singer whose dream is to go to Gotham City and create a tribute song in honor of his heroes, Batman and Robin. Sam's song becomes an instant hit and his name is recognized across the city. He doesn't make a profit from all the media with his creations, as all he wants is to create beautiful songs for the Dynamic Duo. However, Sam's devotion proves a bit troublesome when he learns one of Batman's secret plans and he creates a song which gives away details about the plan. When some crooks hear the song, they change their operations and Batman is unable to capture them. Sam's feat gives Batman an idea and he works together with the singer in order to lure the criminals into a trap, using only one of Sam's songs.
After the criminals are finally captured thanks to Sam's contribution, he decides to return to the country side and leaves Gotham knowing that he helped his heroes and that his songs will always be remembered, as will the Dynamic Duo's legacy.
- This issue of Batman is considered by some comic indexers to be the last issue to regularly feature the Batman of Earth-Two. Other indexers place the dividing line between Earth-Two and Earth-One elsewhere (for example, Mike of Mike's Amazing World places it between Batman #80 and Batman #81). The DC Comics Database has decided to go with the former group.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 95 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 95
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes