Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
""Dark Moon Rising (Part I of VI)"": Batman comes across Catwoman committing another burglary. He worries that he has accidentally given licence to every crook with a flair for the dramatic. Catwoman smells a girl's perfume on Batman, and r
- Tonight, the blood moon shall be filled.
- -- Dala
Appearing in "Dark Moon Rising (Part I of VI)"
- Gotham City Police Department
- Jensen (Single appearance)
- Pulver (Single appearance)
- Briggs (Single appearance)
- Murray Friedman (Single appearance)
- Norman Madison
Synopsis for "Dark Moon Rising (Part I of VI)"
Batman comes across Catwoman committing another burglary. He worries that he has accidentally given licence to every crook with a flair for the dramatic. Catwoman smells a girl's perfume on Batman, and runs off after scratching him. Batman tries to follow, but can't as he's been drugged, and he hears his pager go off.
James Gordon is waiting atop Police Headquarters for Batman. While waiting, three of Commissioner Grogan's thugs arrive, and ask what he's doing. Despite saying that's he's smoking in private, the thugs attack him. Gordon holds his own, until a coughing fit gives the thugs an advantage. Batman arrives in time to down the police thugs and warn them off Gordon. Gordon muses that it's the first time he's seen Batman in actin, and he's fighting cops again. he tells Batman that Hugo Strange appears to be legal, and that something new has arrived. He takes him down to the morgue.
Julie arrives home. Her father, Norman Madison, tells her that they need to lie low, especially at night. She wonders what's gotten him so shaken, then finds his note pad covered in drawings of bats.
In the morgue, Gordon shows Batman the body of a young woman pulled out of the river. A ragged wound on her neck shows where her throat's been ripped out. Her blood has been completely drained out- more than the river would do. Batman is still inclined to think the river is responsible, as was Gordon, until he's shown another body, a young man, with exactly the same condition, who'd been found in the basement of a warehouse.
In a nightclub, an young woman from out of town gets chatting with another, Dala. Dala gives her a smell of her perfume. The girl half-faints. Dala takes her out, for some "fresh air". She passes out, and Dala has her loaded into a hearse. "Tonight", she says, "the blood moon shall be filled."
- This is the first part of the second half of Batman: Dark Moon Rising and the first chapter of Batman and the Mad Monk. The story continues from Batman and the Monster Men's last issue Batman and the Monster Men #6 and the next chapter is Batman and the Mad Monk #2.
- This issue takes place approximately one month after the last events of Batman and the Monster Men.
- "Batman and the Mad Monk" re-imagines the Golden Age Bill Finger and Bob Kane story, "The Vampire" (1939), as first published in Detective Comics #31-32.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman and The Mad Monk collected paperback.
- Artist Matt Wagner based the cover to this issue on the original Bob Kane cover to Detective Comics #31.
- There is a reference to Chanel No. 5, and a homage to Macy's.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman and the Mad Monk Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman and the Mad Monk series
- Images from Batman and the Mad Monk Vol 1 1