This trade paperback collects sixteen Batman tales from the 50's. These stories reflect the lighthearted and carefree era in which they took place. With Robin, Batwoman, Bat-Mite, and Ace the Bat-Hound by his side, the world's greatest detective Batman faced off against a zany collection of foes that included giant fighting robots, kooky aliens and talking apes.
This trade paperback reprints stories from the following comic book issues:
- Batman #62 (The Secret Life of the Catwoman! from December, 1950);
- Batman #81 (Two-Face Strikes Again! from February, 1954);
- Batman #92 (Ace, the Bat-Hound! from June, 1955);
- Batman #105 (The Second Boy Wonder from February, 1957);
- Batman #113 (Batman - The Superman of Planet X from February, 1958);
- Batman #121 (The Ice Crimes of Mr. Zero from February, 1959);
- Batman #128 (The Interplanetary Batman from December, 1959);
- Detective Comics #156 (The Batmobile of 1950 from February, 1950);
- Detective Comics #168 (The Man Behind the Red Hood from February, 1951);
- Detective Comics #185 (The Secret of Batman's Utility Belt from July, 1952);
- Detective Comics #216 (The Batman of Tomorrow from February, 1955);
- Detective Comics #233 (The Batwoman from July, 1956);
- Detective Comics #244 (The 100 Batarangs of Batman from June, 1957);
- Detective Comics #252 (The Creature from the Green Lagoon from February, 1958);
- Detective Comics #267 (Batman Meets Bat-Mite from May, 1959);
- World's Finest #81 (The True History of Superman and Batman from March, 1956).
- The paperback includes an introduction by Michael Uslan. Michael Uslan produced the Batman live action films series.
- The paperback includes some information about Batman in the 50's in short chapters called Classic Tales, The Batman Family, The Villains and Tales from Beyond.