Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This trade paperback collects ten Batman tales from the 70's, the decade in which Batman began his transformation from the campy Caped Crusader of the sixties television show into the grim Dark Knight of the nineties' motion pictures.
This trade paperback reprints stories from the following comic book issues:
- Batman #232 (Daughter of the Demon from June, 1971);
- Batman #237 (Night of the Reaper! from December, 1971);
- Batman #260 (This One'll Kill You, Batman! from February, 1975);
- Batman Family #1 (The Invader from Hell! from October, 1975);
- DC Super-Stars #17 (From Each Ending...A Beginning! from December, 1977);
- Detective Comics #407 (Marriage: Impossible from January, 1971);
- Detective Comics #410 (A Vow from the Grave! from April, 1971);
- Detective Comics #442 (Death Flies the Haunted Sky from September, 1974);
- Detective Comics #457 (There Is No Hope in Crime Alley! from March, 1976);
- Detective Comics #481 (Ticket to Tragedy from January, 1979).
This paperback also collects a Batman pinup from Detective Comics #443 (November, 1974) by Walt Simonson, a Batman family pinup from Detective Comics #483 (May, 1979) by Dick Giordano, a supervillains pinup from Detective Comics #484 (July, 1979) by Jim Aparo and a Batgirl and Robin pinup from Detective Comics #485 (September, 1979) by Dick Giordano.
- This paperback includes an introduction by Dennis O'Neil. O'Neil wrote several of the stories in this book and, with artist Neal Adams, largely defined this period of the Batman's history.
- The paperback includes some information about Batman in the 70's in short chapters called Classic Tales, Cast of Characters, The Villains, Bat-Books of the Seventies and The Artists.