Click here for a complete list of articles to be moved.
- Why do some men kill? Human beings have a natural taboo against murder. Give the average man a knife, and tell him to slit his fellow's throat. He will not do it. He cannot do it. It's something basic in a man, something in the blood that's part and parcel of being human. The military understand this. They desensitize the new recruit, break his spirit so they can replace his thoughts with their own instructions. But some men kill for pleasure. What is the line that these men cross, that turns them from human beings into murderers? What allows them to kill, not just once, or even twice, but many, many times? I have dedicated my life to trying to answer that question.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "The Batman of Arkham"
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Dick Grayson
- James Gordon
- Killer Croc
- Mad Hatter
- Poison Ivy
Synopsis for "The Batman of Arkham"
In this Elseworlds tale, circa 1900, Bruce Wayne runs the place -- a respected psychiatrist by day and a vigilante helping to fill the asylum's cells by night. His treatments are thorough and compassionate, a significant change from usual portrayals of the asylum, and he measures a fair success rate with his patients.
Meanwhile, the Joker is spreading his maniacal brand of madness through the city, and Jonathan Crane is a subordinant member of the asylum staff with his own views on patient care. When Wayne falls victim to the Joker and is left in a manic state, Crane has the chance to work his harsher will on the patients.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman of Arkham Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Batman of Arkham Vol 1 1
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- No external links.