Spot, or the Beast with No Name, used to be one of the evil demons of Hell. However, unlike the others, he had a heart of gold and finally escaped. For years, humans have often misunderstood him and he became somewhat timid of humans. That was, until he met Stanley Dover and became his eternal companion throughout the many adventures they go through.
Upon seeing Stanley's grandfather, Spot instantly knew of his evil and hid once again. This disappearance caused the elder Stanley Dover to kidnap his grandson and force the boy to don a cloak reminiscent of Spot's look and into a glass prison. For an undisclosed amount of time, Stanley Sr. tortured his grandson, feeding him the blood of children he picked off the streets. When Oliver Queen was brought back to life without a soul by Hal Jorden, Stanley Sr. became his benefactor, began a ritual to transfer his soul into Oliver's to use the Justice League's resources to find Spot. Conner Hawke had learned of his dad's problem and rushed to his rescue, prompting Mr. Dover to open a portal to hell, unleashing a horde of demons. These Demons are quickly stopped by Spot's untimely arrival, who declares himself Stanley's monster. Stanley showed great joy in seeing his friend again, who was rushed outside for what Spot was going to do next. Spot grabbed Mr. Dover and declared he would erase Stanley's mind of the horrors the old man had done to him, then ate the old guy whole. Prior to leaving, Spot reveals that because of his intentions, Stanley Sr. left everything to Oliver. 
- Superhuman Strength: He has incredible strength and sharp teeth. He also has two tusks on each side of his mouth.
- Frightened: After years of being on the run, "Spot" has a general fear of humans.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- In the storyline, Superman/Batman: Sorcerer Kings, a possible future had an incarnation of the Justice League that included Spot alongside an adult Stanley Dover in its roster.
- 24 Appearances of Beast With No Name (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Beast With No Name (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Beast With No Name (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Beast With No Name (New Earth)