Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
The Signal Masters
Andre Briggs approached Fire as a representative of Brazil for the U.N.-sponsored Justice League International. She joins the team run by Booster Gold, and their first mission it to go to Peru and finds some missing UN personnel. Their first mission is a race of giant robots called the Signal Men wreaking havoc across the planet. The team are forced to retreat when Ice is injured by the machine. Several team members disagree with this but Fire is concerned for Ice. They investigate the threat underground in teams Fire goes with Vixen to the investigate the robot in South Africa, where they find a cavern under the robot. While there they are attacked by mud-men and knocked unconscious. The entire team is captured by the alien responsible, a world-destroyer named Peraxxus. They finally learn to work together as a team they distract Peraxxus in a brawl while Rocket Red reprograms his equipment. Peraxxus flees and they crash his spacecraft into Earth, declaring themselves victorious from the rubble. This success gets them public approval, Briggs finally announces the JLI at a public debut ceremony.
Their public debut is attacked by a group of terrorists called the Burners led by anarchist super-villain Breakdown. Andre Briggs, Emerson Esposito and Rocket Red are killed in the explosion. OMAC attacks the team, and they subdue then recruit him. In Paris they help Jason Rusch take down a group of rogue Firestorms. They track down the Burners, but the League is defeated by Intersek . Breakdown stages a public execution, but OMAC breaks them out.  At Rocket Red's funeral, they decide to continue the team without government funding in honor of his sacrifice.
The team try to to regain U.N. approval, but they're disbanded when Brother Eye takes control of OMAC and destroys them. The team using Skeets to infect his programming, purges OMAC after the entire team is devastated..
- Multilingualism: Bea can speak Portuguese and English.
- Fire (Beatriz da Costa) was created by E. Nelson Bridwell and Ramona Fradon, first appearing in Super Friends #25. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity her first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Dan Jurgens and Aaron Lopresti's New 52 Justice League International.
- 14 Appearances of Beatriz da Costa (Prime Earth)
- 22 Images featuring Beatriz da Costa (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Beatriz da Costa (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Beatriz da Costa (Prime Earth)
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #1
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #2
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #3
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #4
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #5
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #6
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #7
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #9
- ↑ Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men Vol 1 9
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #10
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #11
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) #12
- ↑ Justice League International (Volume 3) Annual #1
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.