Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bekka is the daughter of Himon, one of the New Gods whose achievements include invention of the sentient Mother Box computers and discovery of the "x-element" that fueled his co-creation of the teleporting Boom Tubes alongside fellow scientist Metron. For many years, Bekka lived with her father in secret on Apokolips as Himon organized an underground uprising against Darkseid's tyrannical rule. Hunted for his role in this planned insurgence, Himon took extra care to shield Bekka from Darkseid's notice. Himon never imagined that Bekka would fall in love with Orion, Darkseid's own son, when he stumbled into their lives. After healing the wounded Dog of War, Himon and Bekka aided Orion in freeing his mother Tigra from imprisonment. For this act, Himon was seemingly slain by the dread lord of Apokolips. Bekka then accompanied Orion and Tigra to New Genesis, where her love continued to soothe the savagery that lurks within the Dog of War.
During the "Torment" incident, she and Batman helped Superman escape from the planet Tartarus, where Superman is being held prisoner by Desaad. During the rescue mission, she and Batman developed an attraction and her affection caused Batman to reflect on the lack of love he has forced himself to endure. Bekka likened her spell of desire to a siren's call but said that it affects her as well. In the end, however, she left with Orion when he came to get her. In her home staying with Orion, while thinking that she will forget Batman, some unknown person approached her, and she is then apparently killed as part of the Death of the New Gods.
During the Death of the New Gods, it is initially revealed that her killer, and the killer of all the New Gods, was none other than her father Himon. However, the killer was later shown to actually be the Infinity Man (her uncle-in-law Drax), disguised as Himon.
- Empathy: As the goddess of love, Bekka is capable of inducing great love for herself. But when she uses this power, she also falls in love with the target.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 7 Appearances of Bekka (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Bekka (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Bekka (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Bekka (New Earth)