Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bess Lynn worked as a nurse during the early years of the American Revolution. Inspired by her fellow compatriots and a sense of honor, she began wearing a mask and wig, and adorned herself in the colors of the American flag. Calling herself Miss Liberty, she heroically fought against European invaders, often alongside the frontiersman Tomahawk and his young compatriot, Dan Hunter.
At some point during her masked career, Miss Liberty was pulled from her own timeline by the futuristic villain known as the Lord of Time and brought to the year 3786. Along with four other time-displaced adventurers, these "Five Warriors from Forever" were manipulated into attacking the Eternity Brain – the renegade artificial intelligence that controlled the Lord of Time's Palace of Eternity. They attacked the Eternity Brain, but it defended itself by causing dinosaurs from the Mesozoic era to materialize before them. It also teleported evolved Lizard Men to the castle to handle the opponents one at a time. Before long the Five Warriors from Forever were captured and imprisoned inside of a dungeon. They were liberated thanks to the combined efforts of the Justice League of America and the Justice Society of America. After which, each of the displaced adventurers were sent back to their proper time eras. 
In 1776, Miss Liberty rode into the middle of a squad of Hessians who had attempted to steal the Liberty Bell. They were pulling it across the side of a steep hill on ropes when Miss Liberty dispersed the soldiers by hurling powder horns in their direction. The explosion destroyed the ropes that were holding the bell aloft, and it came crashing down on top of her, crushing her to death. 
It is believed that Miss Liberty is an ancestor of the World War II heroine, Liberty Belle. In May of 1942, Libby experienced a series of intense dreams wherein she witnessed Miss Liberty's last heroic moments before being crushed by the Liberty Bell. 
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Although she was most often seen wearing a dark wig, Miss Liberty was actually a blond.
- 17 Appearances of Bess Lynn (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Bess Lynn (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Bess Lynn (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Bess Lynn (New Earth)
- Miss Liberty at dccomics.com
- Miss Liberty at Wikipedia.org
- Miss Liberty at DCU Guide
- Miss Liberty at DC Indexes