"The Weekend Report": In the "Brick City", the biggest news hitting the wire is the poor state of public housing complexes and the rising crime rate. Black Lightning has come to town and is ready to clean up the streets. He first hits a crack house operated by a
- Street slime with delusions of grandeur. They don't rule this neighborhood anymore. Welcome to the revolution.
Appearing in "The Weekend Report"
- Brothers Who Rule
- Alfreda Johnston (a citizen)
- Beagle (First appearance)
- Gavin Welles (deputy mayor)
- Lamar Henderson (First appearance)
- Mayor Jackson Perry (First appearance)
- Leo Gibbs (a news anchor) (Behind the scenes)
- Rick Ligner (a news anchor) (Behind the scenes)
- Susan Kwao (a meteorologist) (Behind the scenes)
- Winslow Latimer (police chief)
Synopsis for "The Weekend Report"
In the "Brick City", the biggest news hitting the wire is the poor state of public housing complexes and the rising crime rate. Black Lightning has come to town and is ready to clean up the streets. He first hits a crack house operated by a gang known as Brothers Who Rule. News of Black Lightning's actions quickly reach the mayor's office. Mayor Jackson Perry has no wish to see any masked vigilantes causing even more trouble for the Brick City.
Later, Black Lightning (in his civilian guise of Jefferson Pierce) witnesses two stoned gangbangers driving wildly down a suburban street. The car veers out of a control and strikes a woman and her young child. Jeff tries to administer aid, but there is little he can do.
That evening, he changes back into his Black Lightning costume and meets with an informer named Sparky. Sparky tells him that he's got the gangs running scared, and that many of them have relocated to the East Side Party Center. Black Lightning goes to the address and fights off members of the Brothers Who Rule. He then expends a tremendous amount of energy, which brings down the entire building. People have gathered outside to watch the ruins going up in flames.
The incident makes the news and everyone knows that Black Lightning has come the Brick City. Mayor Perry angrily watches the reports saying, "Not in my town".
- Lynn Stewart appears only as a voice on the other end of a telephone. She appears next in Black Lightning (Volume 2) #5.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Black Lightning Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Black Lightning series
- Images from Black Lightning Vol 2 1
Links and References
- Black Lightning at Wikipedia
- Black Lightning (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Black Lightning (Volume 2) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Black Lightning: Year One series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Black Lightning (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database