"Killer Shark!": Olaf attempts to escape the tiny prison compound in La Resistance (formerly Verglas) France, and actually gets over the fence, but is caught by Killer Shark. Meanwhile Blackhawk has escaped from Berlin, and from Germany, and made his way (shipped in a coffin) to Spain, stolen a
- You are NOT saying another word or you are NOT using those teeth from now on. Or am I being too SUBTLE--?
- -- Chuck Wilson
Appearing in "Killer Shark!"
- Sargeant Kalish, Third Allied Division
- other special forces, same unit
- Blackhawk Island
- La Resistance, formerly Verglas, on the Franco-Belgian border
- Barcelona, Spain
- submarine-launched, radar-guided, antiaircraft missile
- Grumman XF5F Skyrocket
- RAF seaplanes
Synopsis for "Killer Shark!"
Olaf attempts to escape the tiny prison compound in La Resistance (formerly Verglas) France, and actually gets over the fence, but is caught by Killer Shark. Meanwhile Blackhawk has escaped from Berlin, and from Germany, and made his way (shipped in a coffin) to Spain, stolen an airplane, and returned to Blackhawk Island, where he hears of his team's predicament, and flies to France in his Skyrocket.
The next day, Gen. Haifisch moves his Blackhawk prisoners, and his garrison, west from La Resistance, before Blackhawk arrives there. He and his entourage board a U-boat in the English Channel. When Blackhawk pursues, he fires, while submerged, a radar-guided antiaircraft missile, which whacks Blackhawk's plane; Killer Shark stupidly assumes that Blackhawk didn't bail out. He surfaces, and amazingly enough, Blackhawk jumps him from the superstructure of his own sub; they fight hand-to-hand with Blackhawk losing, until a flight of RAF seaplanes arrives, and doesn't get shot at with Killer Shark's very advanced missiles. Sgt Kalish and some special forces black berets from "Third Allied Division" board and capture the sub; but wait, Killer Shark has escaped.
Appearing in "Detached Service Diary: Stanislaus"
- unnamed Axis agent (Dies)
- Blackhawk Island
- Messerschmitt Bf-109
Synopsis for "Detached Service Diary: Stanislaus"
July 7, 1940 Stanislaus drinks bad coffee and writes a diary entry about how boring it is to be on security duty while the rest of the team is away. He encounters a well-armed, bomb-planting enemy agent, fights him twice, and uses the assassin's own bomb to blow up the agent and his aircraft, then goes back to complaining in writing about boredom, and coffee.
- During one conversation, Gen. Haifisch shatters a local statue with one punch, but we are not told what the statue is made of.
- At the time of these two stories, Chop Chop is still in China.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Blackhawk Vol 1 270 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Blackhawk series
Links and References
- No external links.