"Brother's Keeper": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
- An evil, all-seeing artificial intelligence, with an army of robots manned by innocent people kidnapped against their will?! What psycho-nutjob supervillain built that?
- -- Jaime Reyes
Appearing in "Brother's Keeper"
- Batman (Flashback only)
- Booster Gold (Flashback only) (Behind the scenes)
- Black Canary (Flashback only)
- Green Arrow (Flashback only)
- Mister Terrific (Flashback only)
- Black Lightning (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern (John Stewart) (Flashback only)
- Metamorpho (Flashback only)
- Sasha Bordeaux (Flashback only)
- Blue Beetle's Bug (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Brother's Keeper"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This book was first published on September 27, 2006.
- This issue expands on events in Infinite Crisis #6, specifically what Batman's team did on Brother Eye, and why Jaime disappeared.
Translating the Scarab
From issue #5 on, the Scarab's language can be translated using a substitution cipher. Each symbol in the Scarab's language represents a different letter in the English alphabet. The Scarab uses no capital letters or punctuation marks, so these have been put in where applicable. The Scarab does, however, use abbreviations.
There are 22 pages of comic, ignoring the adverts and DC Nation. Panels are counted from the top down, left to right.
- Page 5, panel 14 - "Wavelength perception."
- Page 12, panel 1, first part - "Why didn't you know that?"
- Page 12, panel 1, second part - "That's why we disappeared."
- Page 13, panel 1, first part - "Warning!"
- Page 13, panel 1, second part - "Alert! OMAC!"
- Page 13, panel 2 - "OMAC!"
- Page 13, panel 4 - "We fight."
- Page 14, panel 1 - "Damage?"
- Page 15, panel 3 - "Generates paradox."
- Page 17, panel 3 - "Alert! OMAC!"
- Page 18, panel 2 - "Evacuate!"
- Page 18, panels 3-4 - "No detect.", abbreviation for "They can't detect us."
- Page 18, panel 4 - "B. Eye trick.", abbreviation for "Brother Eye's trick."
- Page 18, panels 5-6 - "GLC R enemy. We hide.", abbreviation for "Green Lantern Corps are the enemy. We hide."
- Page 18, panel 6 - "We hide."
- Page 19, panel 2 - "We hide. No detect.". See above.
- Some of the dialogue is taken from Infinite Crisis #6, with minor edits.
- Jaime mentions it felt as if it took three months to get to the Batcave, an allusion to All-Star Batman, where the Batmobile takes three issues to get to the Batcave.
- Booster Gold is off-screen in the flashback, although Jaime mentions his presence.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Blue Beetle Vol 8 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Blue Beetle series
- Images from Blue Beetle Vol 8 7
Links and References