"Road Trip": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
- M-hmm. M-hmm. Collateral damage has always been a part of the legacy. Unfortunate, that.
Appearing in "Road Trip"
- Dan Garrett (Flashback only)
- Ted Kord (Flashback only)
- Question (Flashback only)
- Judomaster (Flashback only)
- Tiger (Flashback only)
- Dani Garrett (First appearance)
- Mrs. Garrett (Flashback only)
- Nadia (First appearance)
- Pastor Richie (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Road Trip"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Bottom Feeder raves of an 'army from the heavens' he sees in his dreams, an army called the 'Reach'. One of the lines on Rip Hunter's chalkboard in 52 #6 is 'The reach. The reach. The reach.', suggesting a connection between the two.
Translating the Scarab
From issue #5 on, the Scarab's language can be translated using a substitution cipher. Each symbol in the Scarab's language represents a different letter in the English alphabet. The Scarab uses no capital letters or punctuation marks, so these have been put in where applicable. The Scarab does, however, use abbreviations.
There are 22 pages of comic, ignoring the adverts and DC Nation. Panels are counted from the top down, left to right.
- Page 13, panel 3 - "Alert! Enemy approaching!"
- Page 15, panel 3 - "Alert! Alert! Alert!"
- The roadhouse cafe Rucka's Hut is a reference to Greg Rucka, another writer for DC.
- The website Brenda uses to find out about Dan Garrett's house, superhumanresources.com, also appeared in another Keith Giffen series, Formerly Known as the Justice League, as superhumanresource.com (without the 's' on 'resources').
- The name the Peacemaker uses in this issue, 'Mitchell Black', is a reference to Mitchell Black, the second Peacemaker.
- This is the first time Dan, Ted and Jaime appear in the same issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Blue Beetle Vol 8 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Blue Beetle series
- Images from Blue Beetle Vol 8 8
Links and References