- In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
- -- Blue Lantern Corps oath
At the end of the war with the Sinestro Corps and after being banished from the Guardians of the Universe for their individuality, Ganthet and Sayd started the Blue Lantern Corps by creating a Blue Power Ring out of their hope for the future. The Blue Lantern Power Rings are powered by the emotion of Hope. While an entirely separate corps they are meant to aid other benevolent wielders of the emotional spectrum rather then replace them.
The Blue Lantern Corps recruitment is unique in that it takes a process of three days in which the being in question is picked by the most recently recruited lantern. Then they are taken to the Blue Lantern Headquarters on Odym. Once on Odym they discuss with Ganthet and Sayd what it means to wield the power of hope. They learn that it is a responsibility to give one's self to the universe, and also their ultimate destiny. When they agree to the terms and conditions of wielding such power the Guardians of Hope bestow the ring upon them. Because of this lengthy procedure, there are only a handful of Blue Lanterns.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Blue Lantern Corps
- Organization Gallery: Blue Lantern Corps
- Catalogued images featuring Blue Lantern Corps
Links and References