Appearing in "Cold Redemption"
- Cindy Miles
- Dirk Davis
- Jenet Klyburn
- Jimmy Olsen
- Miss Conway (Entertainment News anchorwoman) (Single appearance)
- Sam Carlson (a Metropolis Today reporter) (Single appearance)
- Skip Andrews
- Thorn (Rhosyn Forrest)
- Trixie Collins
- Metropolis Today studio
- S.T.A.R. Labs
Synopsis for "Cold Redemption"
The mysterious woman has made off with the guidance system while Booster is paralyzed. While the press badger him for info, he manages to overcome the mental and physical paralysis and get up. with the help of his friend Dr. Klyburn he manages to answer a few questions and leave to rest and assess what to do.
The woman's name is Mindancer, and she is currently in the employ of a group called "The 1000", who have an underground facility beneath Centennial Park. The "director" of this organization accepts the guidance system and gives Mindancer a new job. Free Blackguard from maximum security and bring him back for discipline in regards to his failure.
Booster and Skeets speak with their secretary, Trixie, and then get a talking down to by Booster's PR guy, Dirk Davis. Dirk pisses off Booster and nearly gets canned. Booster's morale is down as he goes back to his penthouse.
Another mysterious lady is shown who is attempting to learn of The 1000's whereabouts.
Booster films a commercial, gets another talking down to by his creative director, Ms. Rose Forrest, and is in talks about the comic book deal outside when the alarm at the nearby prison goes off. Double trouble, it's Mindancer and the just "liberated" Blackguard!
Booster is revealed to have a force shield of some sort.
While Trixie deals with a mob of people wanting to speak with Booster on a variety of issues back at the office, Booster and Skeets take on the very dangerous duo with the cameras rolling. This will be make or break for Booster! Skeets keeps Mindancer busy while Booster takes down Blackguard in an agreed upon strength vs strength fist fight.
Then he goes after Mindancer as Skeets realizes that they have to isolate from large groups of people. She draws from their minds for her mental powers. She knows she's in trouble, and since she can't penetrate Booster's force shield, she makes a nearby prison guard think he's seeing dragons and just as he's about to fire at the film crew, Booster grabs the gun and stops him.
But while he was distracted by the guard, a somewhat recovered Blackguard hurls his energy mace at Skeets and gets a direct hit!........
The person attempting to find out who Booster really is finds no records of any kind about him and determines to back him into a corner to reveal who he is.
- This storyline continues from last issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Booster Gold Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Booster Gold series
Links and References
- Booster Gold article at Wikipedia
- Booster Gold biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Booster Gold article at Newsarama
- Booster Gold article at the Oracle Files
- Booster Gold article at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Booster Gold at Cosmic Teams
- Booster Gold article at Comic Book Religion
- Booster Gold series index at the Grand Comics Database (creator credits)
- Booster Gold series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe (additional information)