Appearing in "The End"
- Chase One (Single appearance)
- Ground Hog (Single appearance)
- Xiang Po (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The End"
After Harbinger informs J'onn J'onzz that Booster Gold is in fact a descendant of the Chosen and that his presence in the 20th century, rather than his own future era, is essential to his survival, the Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, and Blue Beetle seek out the missing Booster and Xiang Po at the former's headquarters. There they discover to their dismay that the distraught crusader has destroyed his home, discarded his uniform, and departed, accompanied by Xiang. On a walking tour of Metropolis, Booster and Xiang face violence from bystanders who recognize the civilian-clad hero as the supposed traitor within the Justice League.
Then, when Booster attempts to take off in his private plane, he is informed that his company has sold the craft to Lex Luthor's corporation without his authorization. Booster takes the plane regardless, but is soon shot down by a Lexcorp pursuit jet. Luckily, Booster has retained his flight ring, and he and Xiang escape unharmed. Seeking out his friend, Rip Hunter, Booster then attempts to return to his own century, but Hunter unfortunately does not currently possess a functioning time machine. Xiang protests that Booster should remain and try to solve his problems, but he is unconvinced, until his three Justice League teammates arrive, together with his robot companion, Skeets, to tell him that they believe the real reason he joined the Manhunters and that he is still a full-fledged JLI member. Much later, Trixie Collins receives a visitor. Booster has come to say goodbye and that he intends to leave Metropolis and start his career over elsewhere.
- Final issue of the series.
- This issue is a "Millennium" Week Seven tie-in issue.
- Black Canary, Blue Beetle, Martian Manhunter and Xiang Po all appeared last in Millennium #7. They appear next in Millennium #8.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Booster Gold Vol 1 25 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Booster Gold series
Links and References
- Booster Gold series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Booster Gold series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Booster Gold article at Wikipedia
- Booster Gold article at Newsarama
- Booster Gold article at the Oracle Files
- Booster Gold article at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Booster Gold at Cosmic Teams
- Booster Gold article at Comic Book Religion
|Millennium Crossover |
The events from this issue are related to Millennium, a 1988 crossover event spanning through all DC Titles, in which the Guardians of the Universe left and Earth was put in danger by the robotic Manhunter Cult.