Hal Jordan's uncle Titus Thomas Jordan created the idea of the villain known as the Bottler while conspiring with Susan Jordan, the wife of Hal's younger brother Jim, who was convinced that Jim was actually the secret identity of the superhero Green Lantern. Titus planned to have a fictitious villain "rob" his home, allowing them to catch Jim in the act when Green Lantern appeared to apprehend the criminal, and force him to admit his secret. Titus chose Hal to pretend to be the Bottler, not knowing he was truly Green Lantern, and also not knowing Green Lantern had actually encountered a villain using the same moniker and costume the day before. As Hal set out on his impersonation, hoping he might lure the real Bottler into the open, he was indeed attacked by the Bottler and knocked out, who had also knocked out Jim a short while before. The villain proceeded to take some of the oblivious Titus's valuables, but Hal quickly recovered, assumed his Green Lantern identity and easily subdued the real villainous Bottler. He was revealed to be Williams, Titus's chauffeur, who had apparently grown tired of his short-tempered employer and after learning of his plan, decided to exploit it for his own gain.
- Bottles: bottles with different chemical weapons in them
- This version of Bottler, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Bottler (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Bottler (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Bottler (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Bottler (Earth-One)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."