Bouncer was the name adopted by a young metallurgist turned criminal in order to protect his identity. While working with metals, the man discovered a rare alloy of rubber, steel and chrome, which he called "elastalloy". After testing his discovery, the man realized that the alloy allowed objects to bounce unlimitedly. He then used the elastalloy to create a suit that he used for his criminal activies. With his bouncing powers, the Bouncer was almost unbeatable and pulled magnificent crimes. However, Batman found a way to nullify his elastic powers, making it easier for him and Robin to capture the Bouncer and send him to prison.
Much later, Bouncer joined the Monarch of Menace on a grand scheme to commit crimes while Batman was nowhere to be found. When Batman returned, Bouncer was easily defeated as he was during their first encounter. After this event, Bouncer's criminal career was finished.
- Elastalloy: Special alloy suit that allows him to bounce at high speeds
- This version of Bouncer (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Bouncer (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Bouncer (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Bouncer (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Bouncer (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."