The Bracelets of Submission are a pair of indestructible steel cuffs worn by all Amazons of Paradise Island. They serve as a reminder of the years when the Amazons were subjugated under the rule of the treacherous Hercules. Years after gaining their independence however, the Amazons continued to wear the Bracelets as a symbol of their past oppression. Wonder Woman continued to wear a pair of these metal cuffs, each one decorated with a red star along the band. She often used the bracelets to deflect gunfire, small missiles and other projectile weaponry.
- The history behind the Bracelets of Submission was originally developed by Wonder Woman creator, William Moulton Marston.
- In Post-Crisis continuity, Wonder Woman eventually replaced the Bracelets of Submission with the Gauntlets of Victory - a gift from Hephaestus forged from Zeus' legendary Aegis Shield.
- The bracelets over the years have been said to be made out of different materials such as Silver, Amazonium and Feminum.
- Appearances of Bracelets of Submission
- Item Gallery: Bracelets of Submission
- Images featuring Bracelets of Submission
Links and References