The Bracelets of Submission are a pair of indestructible steel cuffs worn by all Amazons of Paradise Island. They serve as a reminder of the years when the Amazons were subjugated under the rule of the treacherous Hercules. Years after gaining their independence however, the Amazons continued to wear the Bracelets as a symbol of their past oppression. Wonder Woman continued to wear a pair of these metal cuffs, each one decorated with a red star along the band. She often used the bracelets to deflect gunfire, small missiles and other projectile weaponry.
- In Post-Crisis continuity, Wonder Woman eventually replaced the Bracelets of Submission with the Gauntlets of Victory - a gift from Hephaestus forged from Zeus' legendary Aegis Shield.
- The bracelets over the years have been said to be made out of different materials such as Silver, Amazonium and Feminum.
- The history behind the Bracelets of Submission was originally developed by Wonder Woman creator, William Moulton Marston. The inspiration for their creation came from the bracelets that his lover Olive Byrne - upon whom much of Wonder Woman's original character was based - wore frequently.
- Appearances of Bracelets of Submission
- Item Gallery: Bracelets of Submission
- Images featuring Bracelets of Submission
Links and References