Brainiac was an alien with a computerized brain whom Superman constantly dealt with. In 1959 he was behind springing a trap that exposed the Kryptonian to Red Kryptonite, causing him to transform into a giant that would have destroyed Metropolis had not Jimmy Olsen tried to reason with Superman by using a Mentallo helmet from Planet X. Alan Scott (Green Lantern) captured Brainiac just around the same time the effects of Superman's exposure to Red Kryptonite wore off. In 1979 he underwent a metamorphosis into a more robotic form as he carried out a plan of planetary genocide across the galaxy that was stopped by Bruce Wayne Jr. (Batman) and Kara Kent (Supergirl), causing his ship to be crushed within a miniature singularity.
- This version of the character is native to the Superman & Batman: Generations series of stories.
- 1 Appearances of Brainiac (Earth-3839)
- 1 Images featuring Brainiac (Earth-3839)
- Quotations by or about Brainiac (Earth-3839)
- Character Gallery: Brainiac (Earth-3839)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: