"The Warrior in a Wheel-Chair": When Batman is struck by a snipers bullet, only the skilled surgeon Dr. Hellstrom can save his life, however the doctor has to travel to Gotham from Zürich. Meanwhile, Batman is in a weakened condition right at a cri
Appearing in "The Warrior in a Wheel-Chair"
- Belknap (Single appearance)
- Monique De La Tour (Single appearance)
- Dr. Hellstrom (Single appearance)
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "The Warrior in a Wheel-Chair"
When Batman is struck by a snipers bullet, only the skilled surgeon Dr. Hellstrom can save his life, however the doctor has to travel to Gotham from Zürich. Meanwhile, Batman is in a weakened condition right at a critical point in his mission to bus the latest shipment of Cocaine into Gotham City.
Unable to finish the job himself at risk of killing himself, Batman enlists the aid of Robin, Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Green Lantern to help him. He sends the group out to seek out his leads however, each and every single one leads to a dead end.
When Batman is undergoing is surgery, the lead surgeon is revealed not to be Dr. Hellstrom, but the drug lord Belknap, who has taken Hellstrom's place to try and kill Batman on the operating table. Stopped by the other heroes, Green Lantern then uses his power ring to bring the real Dr. Hellstrom to Gotham. Finding something wrong with one of the instruments, Hellstrom finds the drug shipment stashed away in it's cabinet.
The operation a success, Batman recuperates in the hospital, thanking his friends for coming to his aid.
Appearing in "Hide and Seek"
- Detective Michael Riley (Single appearance)
- Roy "The Hook" Martin (Cameo)
- Pete Bones (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Hide and Seek"
This story is reprinted from Strange Adventures #210.
Deadman seeks to learn what has happened to the police detective assigned to his case. He discovers that the detective, Michael Riley, has been falsely accused of brutally beating a thief who had already surrendered to him, and has been kicked off the force. Deadman, learning the accusers were ex-boxer Peter Bones and a hook-handed man named "Roy Martin", suspects Martin of being the Hook and staging the frame-up to get Riley off his trail. Deadman enters Riley's body, confronts Bones, and learns that the ex-pugilist agreed to give false testimony along with "Martin/Hook" in exchange for money to buy feed for his pet pigeons, the only companions he has left. Deadman/Riley leaves to phone the police to pick up Bones and to apprehend the Hook, who is still living nearby. But in the interim, the Hook beats Bones to death with a crowbar and flees. A travel folder for Mexico found in the Hook's apartment indicates his destination is Mexico. Riley is restored to his post as police detective, but Deadman has once again failed to find his killer.
- "The Warrior in a Wheel-Chair" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: The Brave and the Bold Batman Team-Ups Vol. 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 100 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- No external links.