"Bring Back Killer Krag!": When crime boss Dolph Rossi puts a hit out on a man named Moran, Batman and Commissioner Gordon provide him protection. This proves to be no easy task as the top hit man Killer Krag is the man hired to kill Moran
Appearing in "Bring Back Killer Krag!"
- Max Krag (Single appearance)
- Domingo Valdez (Single appearance)
- Augie Moran (Horse Owner) (Only appearance; dies)
- Eddie Angel (jockey) (Single appearance)
- Gotham City
- Santa Cruz (Island)
Synopsis for "Bring Back Killer Krag!"
When crime boss Dolph Rossi puts a hit out on a man named Moran, Batman and Commissioner Gordon provide him protection. This proves to be no easy task as the top hit man Killer Krag is the man hired to kill Moran. Watching Moran at a horse race, they fail to prevent his assassination when Krag disguises himself as a jockey at the horse track. They also fail in stopping Krag from escaping to the island nation of Santa Cruz. The island is operated by the dictator known as Domingo Valdez, who hates the United States and often hides out criminals on his island. Batman decides that he's going to go out and bring Krag back to America illegally if he has too. However, things get complicated when Moran's widow puts out a bounty on Krag's head. Not only does this attract the attention of some ex-CIA agents but also Kirk Lingstrom, who could use the $100,000 reward for his scientific research.
As Batman, and these CIA agents find their own ways to the island, Langstrom uses his formula to become the Man-Bat once more. As Batman deals with the dangers getting into the island including sharks and superstitious natives. Man-Bat uses his grotesque appearance to convince the islanders that he's a bat-god and orders them to deal with the CIA agents. When the Man-Bat tries to fly to Valdez's castle, he's attacked by vampire bats and retreats from the cave he was traveling through and runs into the Batman.
When they find that the villagers killed the CIA agents, Batman and Man-Bat agree to work together. They try to infiltrate Valdez's castle but get captured anyway. When Valdez's demands for a ransom for Batman's return fails, he intends to execute both men for trespassing in his country. However when he comes to do so, he's shocked to find that Batman has become a Man-Bat as well (thanks to Langstrom's spare vial of Man-Bat formula) who helps free Langstrom. The two then grab Krang and manage to flee the country with their quary.
Upon returning to Gotham City (and human form) Batman collects the reward money and (as promised) donates it to Langstrom's museum.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 119 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.