Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Death by the Ounce": When the Shah of Karkan (an oil-rich ruler of a Mideastern Country) is coming to Gotham City to discuss oil trade agreements, Gotham police and Batman are called out for security because the Shah may become a target of Communist nations that
Appearing in "Death by the Ounce"
- Granny Goodness (Apparent Death)
- Gotham City Police Department
- The Shah of Karkan (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Death by the Ounce"
When the Shah of Karkan (an oil-rich ruler of a Mideastern Country) is coming to Gotham City to discuss oil trade agreements, Gotham police and Batman are called out for security because the Shah may become a target of Communist nations that are against the United States. While searching the area for any suspicious activity, the caped-crusader runs into his old ally Mister Miracle, who has just recently returned from New Genesis because he missed the fame of being an escape artist on Earth. After watching Miracle beat Houdini's record of being underwater with no breath, Batman realizes he's running late and departs.
Gotham Police's plan of smuggling the Shah from the airport to the meeting by sending a decoy in his car and shipping the real Shah in a laundry truck fails and the Shah is kidnapped by an unknown kidnapper who leaves behind a cryptic note. Batman comes up with a solution for rescuing the Shah before any harm can come to him. First, he goes to Mr. Miracle for help, who initially refuses but agrees to help if Batman can escape from a booby-trap faster than he can. When Batman proves faster at breaking free of being frozen in a block of ice, Miracle agrees to help out.
Disguising himself as the Shah, they leak out that the Shah that kidnappers took was a fake. Sure enough a fake US helicopter takes the "Shah" to the kidnappers secret underwater hideout. There Batman is taken to the real Shah, and learns that he has been kidnapped by Granny Goodness. Mr. Miracle's old foe has kidnapped the Shah in hopes of selling him off to a foreign country, who has a scientist who may be able to restore her youth. However, Mr. Miracle arrives and he and Batman manage to free the real Shah and escape with him, leaving Granny Goodness behind to seemingly perish when the underwater base explodes.
- Reprinted in Showcase Presents: The Brave and the Bold Batman Team-Ups Vol. 3.
- The story is told in 3 parts:
- Part 1 - Vanished -- The Richest Man in the World
- Part 2 - The Hag Behind the Gun
- Part 3 - Goodbye to Granny
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 128 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.