"Legacy of the Doomed!": Bruce Wayne is removed from his rightful position as the owner of the Wayne Foundation building by Ruby Ryder and her humanoid henchman, Jason. This was accomplished thanks to the last will of Jason's creator, wh
Appearing in "Legacy of the Doomed!"
- Ruby Ryder (Final appearance)
- Jason Morgan (Final appearance; Dies)
- Judge Spencer (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Legacy of the Doomed!"
Bruce Wayne is removed from his rightful position as the owner of the Wayne Foundation building by Ruby Ryder and her humanoid henchman, Jason. This was accomplished thanks to the last will of Jason's creator, who owned the land where the Wayne Building was located.
Bruce tries to infiltrate the place as Batman, but he fails and even with help from the Metal Men, he is unable to break inside. Defeated and unable to find a solution to his dilemma, Batman gives up, but he is soon joined by Green Arrow.
The Emeral Archer decides to help Batman by approaching Ruby Ryder as millionaire Jacob Archer and pretends to be interested in making business with Ruby. Green Arrow convinces her to continue the excavation of the site where she had found Jason and the last will. This is all merely part of a plan to take her out of the Wayne Building, but soon the excavation proves to be more than just a decoy. The laboratory of Dr. Morgan is finally found and Ruby is radiant with joy, which shows with her displays of affection towards "Jacob Archer". This enrages the humanoid Jason, who decides to create havoc with some of the equipment from Dr. Morgan's laboratory.
A few minutes later, Jason uses a machine that destroys everything in its path, forcing the Metal Men to step in and try to stop the machine without success. The destructive vehicle then turns against Ruby's own building and Batman arrives in time to take Ruby out of the place. Meanwhile, Green Arrow uses one of his Trick Arrows, loaded with TNT in order to stop the machine once and for all. Unfortunately, the machine manages to knock one of the "R" letters from the building, which would've crushed Ruby on the ground. She is saved by Jason, who sacrifices himself to save her.
Afterwards, the police learns from the files found on Morgan's laboratory that the scientist was insane and thus, his will is invalid, returning Bruce Wayne his building. Morgan's investigations also help Doc Magnus repair Tin's Responsometer and the Metal Men are complete once again. Batman had nothing but respect for his allies and contempt for his enemy, who is broken and defeated as her scheme had backfired.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 136 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- No external links.