Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Requiem for a Top Cop!": When Commissioner Gordon becomes target of a bounty hunter, Batman tries to protect him, but he is overpowered by the mysterious assailant. Batman is then assisted by Hawkman, who informs
Appearing in "Requiem for a Top Cop!"
- Commissioner James Gordon (Flashback and main story)
- Vorgan (Single appearance)
- Orson Delacorte (Only appearance; dies)
- Laz (alien) (Single appearance) (Dies in flashback)
Synopsis for "Requiem for a Top Cop!"
When Commissioner Gordon becomes target of a bounty hunter, Batman tries to protect him, but he is overpowered by the mysterious assailant. Batman is then assisted by Hawkman, who informs Batman that he bounty hunter who seeks to kill Gordon is a notorious alien called Vorgan.
Batman explains the strange situation to Gordon, who instantly remembers his first case in which he tracked down a criminal ring, but as he approached the criminal's lair, he was surprised by a mysterious light being, which he killed in self defense. Gordon realized that the man he killed was an alien when a spaceship emerged from behind the being and took off, away from Earth. To cover the evidence, Gordon buried the body of the alien and never talked about it, until this day, when the past has come to haunt him.
Batman and Hawkman work together to protect Gordon, but Vorgan disguises himself as a person to find and kill Gordon. However, some criminals have noticed the presence of Vorgan on Earth and they get in touch with him, telling him that they were once partners in crime from Laz, the alien that Gordon killed years ago. The criminals wanted to make a new ally on Vorgan, but the bounty hunter refused, causing the criminals to attemtp to murder the alien. Vorgan is saved by Gordon, who was hidden, listening to the whole conversation. At that moment, Hawkman and Batman arrive to the place to round up the criminals and help Gordon confront Vorgan. After such display of corageousness and learning the truth about Gordon's murder, Vorgan decides to cease his hunt for the Commissioner and he returns to his planet.
- This book was first published on October 20, 1977.
- Starting with this issue, Paul Levitz takes the editorial command of the Brave and the Bold after Dennis O'Neil's tenure.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 139 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
- Hawkman Recommended Reading
Links and References
- No external links.