"The Brimstone Connection": When Fred Danvers is kidnapped by snatch artist Jasper Casbeer and given to Col. Sulphur to have the formula for a new rocket fuel truth-drugged out of him, Supergirl goes to
Appearing in "The Brimstone Connection"
- Colonel Sulphur
- Jasper Casbeer (Single appearance)
- Gwen (Phone Call Only)
- Undercover U.S. Agent (unnamed) (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "The Brimstone Connection"
When Fred Danvers is kidnapped by snatch artist Jasper Casbeer and given to Col. Sulphur to have the formula for a new rocket fuel truth-drugged out of him, Supergirl goes to Batman for help in tracking down her foster father.
Batman has recently been told by a dying U.S. agent of a plot to steal a rocket fuel formula, so he realizes they are searching for the same culprit. Batman and Supergirl track down Sulphur's hideout, but Supergirl is sent to follow a plane which leaves from there while Batman penetrates the hideout site.
Batman is captured by Sulphur and bound to a bomb-triggering device that threatens both him and Danvers, but he escapes and defuses the bomb. When Sulphur and his gang attempt to escape by submarine, their sub is towed back to the surface by Supergirl, who has been radioed back by Batman. Batman cleans up on Sulphur's gang, while Supergirl herself punches out Sulphur.
- This book was first published on December 20, 1979.
- No special notes.
- There are a couple of places named after editor Paul Levitz. The first is a bar simply called "Paul's" and the second is a building called "Levitz Apartments Company".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 160 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Images from Brave and the Bold Vol 1 160
Links and References
- No external links.