"Batman and Man-Bat: "Prescription For Tragedy"": Batman is on the trail of a smuggling ring of illegal medicine and he finds a truck full of the illegal chemicals. Batman stops the criminals with unexpected help from Man-Bat, who leav
Appearing in Batman and Man-Bat: "Prescription For Tragedy"
- Dr. Lawrence Lucerne (Single appearance)
- Ralph (Single appearance)
- Manfred (Single appearance)
- Jason Bard (Cameo)
Synopsis for Batman and Man-Bat: "Prescription For Tragedy"
Batman is on the trail of a smuggling ring of illegal medicine and he finds a truck full of the illegal chemicals. Batman stops the criminals with unexpected help from Man-Bat, who leaves the place in a hurry. When Batman takes the illegal shipment to the GCPD Headquarters, Commissioner Gordon informs him that a portion of the medicine is missing and that they could be contaminated due to its unreliable procedure.
Batman deduces that Man-Bat took some of the drugs and true to his deduction, Kirk Langstrom arrives at the public hospital where his daughter, Rebecca is hospitalized. The Langstrom baby is sick after she developed a sensitive hearing sense and she can't sleep. The doctors told Langstrom that the only way to save her was to administer some of the illegal medicine and Man-Bat stole it for his daughter. When the doctor is about to proceed and give Rebecca the medicine, Batman arrives in time to stop him and informs Langstrom that the illegal drug could be lethal for his daughter. In the struggle, the medicine is destroyed and the crooked doctor escapes.
Batman follows the doctor while Man-Bat chases Batman. The two bat-men confront each other and Batman convinces Man-Bat to help him capture the doctor, as he is responsible for the whole smuggling ring. Together, Man-Bat and Batman capture the criminal, but there is no apparent cure for Rebecca Langstrom.
In the aftermath, Commissioner Gordon tells Batman that there was a chance that the medicine was not lethal, but they can never be sure as it was destroyed. Batman is concerned as nobody has any clue about the Langstroms' whereabouts, but Man-Bat is closer than they suspect, listening to their conversation and swearing vengeance against Batman if his daughter dies because of him.
- This book was first published on May 22, 1980.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 165 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.