- I'm a detective. And I'm good at what I do.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Darkness and Dark Fire"
- Sentient Nuclear Core (Only appearance; dies)
- Justice League of America (Flashback only)
- Joe (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Darkness and Dark Fire"
Batman goes to New York City, following Firestorm, but there he encounters the private eye from Gotham City, Jason Bard, who is working on an assignment to solve the mystery of physicist Martin Stein. Although Jason doesn't seem to notice, Batman realizes that there is a connection between Stein and Firestorm.
When Batman finally spots Firestorm, he follows the man to a hospital, where Firestorm steals a couple of remote manipulators and takes them to a nuclear reactor outside of the city. Batman keeps a close eye on Firestorm and learns that a sentient nuclear pile has taken control of Firestorm and Batman starts working to find a way to free him from its influence. When the pile becomes aware of Batman's presence, it commands Firestorm to attack. The ensuing confrontation is short as one of Firestorm's atomic blasts destroys the nuclear reactor and the nuclear pile disappears, freeing Firestorm from its control. Batman and Firestorm then take the situation under control and after things return to normal, Firestorm transforms back into Ronald Raymond in order to allay the suspicions of Jason Bard.
Appearing in "Pirate's Peril"
- The Council
- M.C. Curtis (Final appearance)
- Chris Foxworth (First appearance)
- Toxin Bullets
Synopsis for "Pirate's Peril"
Nemesis and Valerie set up a sting operation against M. C. Curtis with the help of a bit of an unreleased movie.
- This book was first published on December 23, 1981.
- "Darkness and Dark Fire" is reprinted in Tales of the Batman: Carmine Infantino.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 172 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
Links and References
- No external links.