Appearing in "Interlude on Earth-Two"
- Hugo Strange of Earth-Two (Final appearance; Dies)
- Monster Men (Flashback only)
- Batman Robot
- Cosmic Rod
- Giant Penny
- Mechanical T-Rex (Destroyed)
- Mister Freeze's Cold Gun
- Penguin's Umbrella
Synopsis for "Interlude on Earth-Two"
During a lightning storm in Gotham City of Earth-Two, Robin and Starman learn about the return of the long-forgotten Hugo Strange, but Starman is seriously injured by a hologram of the evil professor, who then steals the Cosmic Rod and Robin is forced to work alone.
Meanwhile on Earth-One, Batman has been drawn to the Gotham Cemetery without an apparent reason and when lightning strikes near him, he is transported to Earth-Two. Batman goes to the JSA Headquarters to ask Doctor Fate to return him to Earth-One, but he finds Robin instead and he learns about the return of Hugo Strange. At that moment, both heroes are attacked by the Batmobile and weapons from old enemies that were stored in the Trophy Room in the Batcave. Batman and Robin work together to destroy the vehicles and they are suddenly joined by Batwoman. The three heroes take the Whirly-Bats from the trunk of the destroyed Batmobile and they travel to the Batcave, where they expect to find Hugo Strange.
During their journey, it becomes clear that Robin resents the Batman of Earth-One for using the mantle of the original Batman. Batman on the other hand is none too pleased of being in a timeline where an older version of himself has just died, and Batwoman is concerned that her feelings for Batman will return if this younger Batman doesn't leave soon.
Upon arriving at the Batcave, the heroes are attacked by several more mechanical items in the place, but the heroes put their differences aside and work as a team to destroy the Mechanical T-Rex and one of Batman's Robots. It is then that an old and decrepit Hugo Strange appears and tells them that after his last encounter with Batman and Robin, he was forced to live years in a catatonic state and that he recovered just recently, reason why he seeks revenge. Batman deduces the truth and confronts Strange, telling him that what he really wants is to be killed for good and Strange reveals that it is precisely what he wants. Using the power of the rod, Strange turns himself into ashes until he completely disappears.
Shortly afterwards, Starman has recovered and returning to the Cemetery, he uses the Cosmic Rod to send Batman back to Earth-One. The Dark Knight bids farewell to Robin and Batwoman, who are still emotionally shocked to see Batman once again. After Batman has departed with the promise of working together again, Robin and Starman wonder what caused Batman to be on the cemetery in the first place, and as they walk in front of the tomb of Bruce Wayne, they realize there are questions better left unanswered.
Appearing in "Enter... Greyfox"
- Chris Foxworth
- Smoke Pellet
- Taxi Cab
Synopsis for "Enter... Greyfox"
The three remaining Council members hire Greyfox, an assassin, to handle Nemesis.
- "Interlude on Earth Two" is reprinted in Batman: Secrets of the Batcave and Tales of the Batman: Alan Brennert.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 182 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Images from Brave and the Bold Vol 1 182
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes