"Justice League of America: "Challenge of the Weapons Master!"": In the year 11,960 A.D. the super-criminal Xotar's lair is seiged by the interstellar police. Having found the tattered remains of Wonder Woman's diary which documented the adventures of the
Appearing in Justice League of America: "Challenge of the Weapons Master!"
- Justice League of America
- Weapons Master (First appearance)
- General Morgan Anderson (Single appearance)
- Civilian Chief Warner Hunter (Single appearance)
- United States of America
- Green Lantern Ring
- Justice League Signal Device
- Lasso of Truth
- Microscopitor (Single appearance)
- De-Evolutionizer (Single appearance)
- Magneto-Bubble Weapon (Single appearance)
- Illusion Maker (Single appearance)
- Ilaric The Robot (First appearance)
Synopsis for Justice League of America: "Challenge of the Weapons Master!"
In the year 11,960 A.D. the super-criminal Xotar's lair is seiged by the interstellar police. Having found the tattered remains of Wonder Woman's diary which documented the adventures of the Justice League, Xotar knows that he is destined to travel into the past and battle them where he believes that at least one of his super-weapons from the future will defeat the Justice League.
Traveling to the past, Xotar targets the Leagues honorary member, Snapper Carr, and uses him as a pawn to draw the League to their headquarters. The arriving members are Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash, Batman, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman. Xotar immobilizes the group at their meeting table, and challenges them to defeat him.
He first challenges the Flash, who is able to destroy Xotar's shrink ray. Next he challenges Aquaman and Martain Manhunter and they destroy his de-evolution ray. Next Xotar challenges Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to try and stop his magneto-bubble device, which Wonder Woman and Green Lantern succeed in destroying while Batman seeks out Superman. Believing that his final weapon, an illusion caster will destroy the Justice League, he allows them all to attack at once.
Xotar initially has the upper hand in this battle, the timely arrival of Superman turns the tide, and the Man of Steel destroys Xotar's final weapon. Superman then sets Xotar's robot time machine to return Xotar to his own time, and damages the controls so they cannot be manipulated before Xotar arrives in 11690. As history would have it, the words in Wonder Woman's diary which were rubbed out over the centuries indicated that none of Xotar's weapons would defeat the League.
- This issue is reprinted in Justice League of America #48, Justice League of America Archives Volume 1, and Showcase Presents: Justice League of America #1.
The cover is very similar to the cover of All-Star Comics #43, The Secret of the Golden Universe, which has the Justice Society battling a giant golden robot.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 29 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Images from Brave and the Bold Vol 1 29
Links and References
- No external links.