"The Death of the Flash!": A series of robberies committed by a group of super-fast thieves called the Speed Boys have been plaguing Gotham drawing the attention of Batman. Meanwhile, Flash keeps the order in [[Central
Appearing in "The Death of the Flash!"
- Speed Boys (Single appearance)
- Stella (Single appearance)
- Robin (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Dr. Charles Dudley (Single appearance)
- Queen of Buldavia (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Death of the Flash!"
A series of robberies committed by a group of super-fast thieves called the Speed Boys have been plaguing Gotham drawing the attention of Batman. Meanwhile, Flash keeps the order in Central City, but he soon is diagnosed with a fatal illness that gets worse every time he runs. Unfortunately for him, Batman asks his help to capture the Speed Boys and Flash's sense of duty doesn't allow him to turn Batman down. Flash travels to Gotham and teams up with the Caped Crusader to try and stop the super-fast crooks. However, just before the Flash can nab any of them his sickness gets the best of him and the crooks get away.
During one robbery, Batman and the Flash manage to capture one of the Speed Boys and Batman takes his shoes to analyze while the Flash goes after the rest of the group. However, Flash finally succumbs to his illness and is taken by the Speed Boys who show off the Flash's supposedly dead body on TV. However, the radioactive isotope used to power the Speed Boy's sneakers also cures and revives the Flash, enabling him to quickly recover and capture the entire gang when they least expect it. Afterwards, he learns that with their leader capturde, Batman has found a way to stop the rest of the gang and their snicker and soon the criminals are taken away by Commissioner Gordon.
- This book was first published on June 28, 1966.
- This issue is reprinted in Brave and the Bold Annual #1, Super DC Giant #S-16 and Showcase Presents: The Brave and the Bold Batman Team-Ups Vol. 1.
- This issue marks the first time in which Batman and Flash team-up outside of the Justice League.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 67 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Images from Brave and the Bold Vol 1 67
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
- The Flash Recommended Reading
Links and References
- No external links.