"Wrath of the Thunderbird": When Chief Standing Bear of the Kijowas Indian tribe died, a contest for the next chief is set to take place between John Whitebird and the crooked Tom Tallwolf, Whitebird enlists the aid of Batman to help him train for the competition. Batman helps him train in every
Appearing in "Wrath of the Thunderbird"
- John Whitebird (Single appearance)
- Tom Tallwolf (Single appearance)
- J. Jay Jaye (AKA "The Promoter") (Single appearance)
- "Checks" (Single appearance)
- The Thunderbird (Single appearance)
- The Kijowa Tribe (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Wrath of the Thunderbird"
When Chief Standing Bear of the Kijowas Indian tribe died, a contest for the next chief is set to take place between John Whitebird and the crooked Tom Tallwolf, Whitebird enlists the aid of Batman to help him train for the competition. Batman helps him train in every competition except archery, which Batman calls on his old pal Green Arrow to help train Whitebird in the competition.
Meanwhile, Tallwolf enlists the aid of J. Jay Jaye, the biggest promoter in Gotham City to help him fix the competition so that Tallwolf wins. When the Promoter provides Tallwolf with the means to victory and Tallwolf is made chief of the Kijowas, Jaye orders Tallwolf to summon the Thunderbird, a powerful bird that can only be summoned by the Chief of the Kijowas, so that Jaye can exploit the bird for his own personal gain. However, the Thunderbird proves too much to handle, and Batman and Green Arrow arrive to stop the creature. Although it grabs the Caped Crusader, Green Arrow manages to defeat it with one of his "hot-wire" arrows. With the creature defeated, Tallwolf turns himself and the Promoter over to the authorities, and Whitebird is made the new chief of the Kijowas.
- Issue reprinted in Showcase Presents: Green Arrow Vol. 1 and Showcase Presents: The Brave and the Bold Batman Team-Ups Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 71 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
Links and References
- No external links.