"The Track of the Hook": While aiding Commissioner Gordon in solving the murder of small time crook Whitey Marsh, Batman learns that the killer was wearing a hook. Deadman, having come to Gotham City to see
- All right, Deadman! I know you're here...! Listen! I'll take your case...I'll help you find your killer!
- -- Batman
Appearing in "The Track of the Hook"
- Carleton "Kubla" Kaine (Only appearance; dies)
- Max Chill (Only appearance; dies)
- Whitey Marsh (Only appearance; dies)
- Edward T. Weeks (Single appearance)
- Bill Rawls (Single appearance)
- Willie "Stoolie" Pigeon (Single appearance)
- Rama Kushna (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "The Track of the Hook"
While aiding Commissioner Gordon in solving the murder of small time crook Whitey Marsh, Batman learns that the killer was wearing a hook. Deadman, having come to Gotham City to seek Batman's aid in finding his killer, believes the villain responsible, the Hook is in Gotham after overhearing the eye witness account of Marsh's murder.
Aiding Batman the two learn that the killer was not the man who Deadman is looking for, but a thug working for Kubla Kaine, a wealthy business man who is running for mayor and is secretly running a crime syndicate out of Gotham City.
Batman and Deadman find the killer, who dies in combat, and they expose Kaine's involvement in the criminal underworld ruining his bid for mayor.
- Issue is reprinted in Super-Team Family #2, Deadman #5, Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams #1 and Showcase Presents: The Brave and the Bold Batman Team-Ups Vol. 1.
- Despite what other sources indicate, this is not the first time Neal Adams illustrated a Batman story. That event took place in World's Finest #175.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 79 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
Links and References
- No external links.