"Punish Not My Evil Son": During a board meeting of the Zenith Oil Corporation leaves Bruce Wayne suspicious about millions of gallons of oil being stolen, he and Robin investigate the plant to find that an elaborate theft scheme is bei
Appearing in "Punish Not My Evil Son"
- Grantland Stark (Single appearance)
- Milo Manton (Single appearance)
- Charles Hinton (Single appearance)
- Thomas Wayne (In a photograph only)
- Gotham County
Synopsis for "Punish Not My Evil Son"
During a board meeting of the Zenith Oil Corporation leaves Bruce Wayne suspicious about millions of gallons of oil being stolen, he and Robin investigate the plant to find that an elaborate theft scheme is being orchestrated to steal the oil. The next day, Bruce and Dick are surprised by the arrival of Lance Bruner, the son of the late Professor Bruner, one of Bruce's fathers closest friends. Under an agreement, Bruce promised to be ward for the boy should the professor die.
Taking Lance in proves to be quite the headache as the boy is trouble, causing untold damage to the Wayne property and making fake ransom notes. Dick tries to cover for Lance at first and tries to help him make friends by means of the Teen Titans in their civilian guises, while at night Batman and the Teen Titans try to find out the source of the oil thefts.
Finally caught after his ransom act, Lance stumbles upon the Batcave and vows to get revenge on the Dynamic Duo and sets them up for an ambush when he tells Zenith Oil owner Stark (Really the mastermind behind the thefts) of Batman and the Titan's next move, leading the group to be captured. Realizing that Stark intended to kill them, Lance realizes the error of his ways and sets the heroes free. During the fight Lance (disguised as Robin) sacrifices his life trying to stop Stark, who is quickly defeated by the angered heroes who think that it was Dick who was killed. Afterwards, Bruce puts up a memorial remembering Lance on the property of Wayne Manor.
- This book was first published on February 25, 1969.
- This issue is reprinted in Best of the Brave and the Bold #6, Showcase Presents: Teen Titans Vol. 2, and Showcase Presents: The Brave and the Bold Batman Team-Ups Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 83 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns