"The Lords of Luck (Part I) - Roulette": Green Lantern is flying through outer space when he finds a dead man with a bullet hole in his chest floating before him. Recognizing that such a mystery requires a great detective, he transmits a signal to [[Bruce Wayne (New Ea
- That's the most reckless card playing I've ever seen. I wish Barry had lived to see you with money.
- -- Bruce Wayne
Appearing in "The Lords of Luck (Part I) - Roulette"
- Atum (an alien from Ventura) (First appearance)
- Neferto (an alien from Ventura) (First appearance)
- Dra'ack/Drake (a thief) (Deceased)
- Jasmine (a casino greeter) (First appearance)
- Joachim (an employee of the Kismet) (First appearance)
- Las Vegas
- Kismet Casino
- Book of Destiny
- Firebug's Gauntlets
- Giant Penny (Final appearance)
- Green Lantern Ring
Synopsis for "The Lords of Luck (Part I) - Roulette"
Green Lantern is flying through outer space when he finds a dead man with a bullet hole in his chest floating before him. Recognizing that such a mystery requires a great detective, he transmits a signal to Batman at the Batcave. Oddly enough, there is a similar man lying dead on the floor of the Batcave. GL flies to Gotham and the two heroes begin investigating the mystery. While they analyze the evidence, a large yellow energy monster breaks into the cave and attacks them. They manage to dispel the creature using old trophies that Batman acquired from previous cases.
Returning their attention towards the mysterious duplicate dead men, they decide to continue their investigation at the Kismet Casino in Las Vegas. When they arrive, they find that the Kismet has come under new ownership – Roulette.
Suddenly, a group of aliens from the planet Ventura arrives and attacks the casino. They are looking to retrieve an artifact in Roulette's possession, an item that enables her to function as the ultimate gambler – the Book of Destiny. Batman manages to save Roulette's life, but it is clear that her brief possession of the book has driven her nearly mad.
- This issue is reprinted in the Brave and the Bold: The Lords of Luck hardcover collection.
- Roulette is a recurring nemesis of the Justice Society of America. She appeared last in JSA Classified #19.
- Batman makes reference to Barry Allen and Sinestro in this issue. Barry was better known as the Silver Age Flash and was a close friend to Bruce and Hal. Sinestro is one Green Lantern's most notorious foes.
- Reference is made to Mister Mxyzptlk and Mirror Master in this issue. Mister Mxyzptlk is a constant thorn in Superman's side, while the Mirror Master is part of the Flash's Rogues Gallery.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 3 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
Links and References
- Batman article at Wikipedia
- Batman article at Toonopedia
- Batman article at Supermanica
- Batman article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Batman page at DC Comics
- Batman: Yesterday, Today and Beyond
- Batman: The Dark Knight
- Green Lantern article at Wikipedia
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) article at Wikipedia
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) profile at the Book of Oa
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) profile by Alan Kistler
- Green Lantern Corps article at Wikipedia