Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Without Sin (Part I)": The Phantom Stranger finds Green Lantern Hal Jordan and asks him to accompany him to the Arcadia hospital in West Virginia. There, they are greeted by administrator Bernard Treves who reluctantly tells them a
- It's magick that drew me to this place. A form of magick I have never come across before.
Appearing in "Without Sin (Part I)"
- A group of alien smugglers (Single appearance)
- Commander Vitrac (a Kahloan)
- Marika (Orlan's wife) (Behind the scenes)
- Bernard Treves (Administrator of Arcadia) (First appearance)
- Cora (a disfigured child) (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Without Sin (Part I)"
The Phantom Stranger finds Green Lantern Hal Jordan and asks him to accompany him to the Arcadia hospital in West Virginia. There, they are greeted by administrator Bernard Treves who reluctantly tells them about some of the controversial fertility experiments they have conducted at the hospital over the years. They had developed a sterility drug called Genesin which, when used, enabled sterile women to bear children. However, these children were also born with severe birth defects. Treves has spent millions of dollars in caring for these children and keeping knowledge of the experiments out of the public eye. Upon examining some of the children, Hal Jordan is disgusted by what he sees. He cannot understand why the Phantom Stranger brought him here. At the Stranger's urging, Doctor Treves shows Hal one particular child - Cora. Cora is autistic, but has recently begun writing passages in a journal in an alien tongue. One of the passages includes the traditional Green Lantern oath. Hal decides to take Cora's journals to the Guardians of the Universe. The Phantom Stranger volunteers to accompany him.
Flying to Oa, Hal presents the girl's journals to the Guardians who determine that the writings may be connected to recent events taking place in Sector 3897. They instruct Jordan to go to the planet Kahlo and assist that world's Green Lantern, Orlan. Jordan wants the Stranger to accompany him and the Guardians reluctantly agree.
Arriving on Kahlo, they meet Orlan who tells them of the recent destruction of a city called Kymera. He believes that Kymera was ravaged by rival gangs of smugglers hoping to illegally export a narcotic plant called Belamort. Orlan tells Jordan how Belamort is the cash crop of their entire civilization. Jordan and Orlan fly to Kymera where they assist a rescue team. Commander Vitrac shows them that the townsfolk died of an apparent virus that caused severe necrosis in the bodies. The Phantom Stranger appears with a look of consternation upon his face. He suspects that there is magic at work here, and that is in some way connected to Cora.
Back on Earth, Cora suddenly has a seizure. The doctors rush her into an emergency room until they stabilize her condition. Words begin appearing on Cora's monitor screen, "Don't let me die. Keep me alive. If I die... everyone dies".
- This book was first published on November 19, 2008.
- Issue includes DC Nation #140 (Under Construction).
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 3 19 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Images from Brave and the Bold Vol 3 19
Links and References
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 3) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 3) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project