Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Lords of Luck (Part II) - Ventura": Green Lantern and Supergirl fly to the gambling world of Ventura in search of the Book of Destiny. Due to Ventura's strict laws, Hal is forced to shed his Green Lantern vestments and take on a disguis
- You have food in the refrigerator older than her, Hal. Who are you. Ollie? No bad thoughts. She's seventeen.
- -- Hal Jordan
Appearing in "The Lords of Luck (Part II) - Ventura"
- Brothers Gragg (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Lords of Luck (Part II) - Ventura"
Green Lantern and Supergirl fly to the gambling world of Ventura in search of the Book of Destiny. Due to Ventura's strict laws, Hal is forced to shed his Green Lantern vestments and take on a disguise as one of the locals.
Supergirl likewise adopts a less heroic costume and enters into one of Ventura's more popular combat trials. Knowing that the odds are stacked against her, Supergirl is counting on the fact that whoever has the Book of Destiny is likely the only gambler on Ventura who would actually bet on her to win. Supergirl easily disposes of the reigning champions, the Brothers Gragg, and is quickly able to discern the identity of the man with the book.
Hal's fortune is not as complimentary as Supergirl's, and he is soon forced to reveal himself as a Green Lantern. Reuniting with Supergirl, they manage to catch up with the man in possession of the book. As luck would have it however, another patron attacks the thief and absconds with the Book of Destiny. This individual is from the planet Rann, and uses Zeta-Beam technology to instantly teleport off the planet. Green Lantern is caught in the wake of the Zeta-Beam and disappears, leaving Supergirl stranded on Ventura.
- This issue is reprinted in the Brave and the Bold: The Lords of Luck hardcover collection.
- A Zeta-Beam is a piece of Rannian technology used to transport Adam Strange back and forth between Earth and Rann.
- References is made to the Rann/Thanagar War in this issue. The war took place in the eponymous Rann/Thanagar War limited series.
- Hal Jordan makes an uncomplimentary reference to Oliver Queen in this issue. Ollie is known for his philandering, and has a predilection for female companions that are half his age.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 3 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
- Images from Brave and the Bold Vol 3 2
Links and References
- Green Lantern article at Wikipedia
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) article at Wikipedia
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) profile at the Book of Oa
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) profile by Alan Kistler
- Green Lantern Corps article at Wikipedia
- Supergirl article at Wikipedia
- Supergirl profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Supergirl at the Guide to the Mythological Universe