Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Brin was a member of an equine race from an unspecified planet. He was married to a female named Mina and had three children; a son named Cor, a daughter named Meri and an unidentified infant. Brin was also a member of the Green Lantern Corps.
Several years ago, Brin's patrol took him to a solar system near his home world where he learned about a massing invasion fleet from a heretofore unknown alien race known as the Spider Guild. First contact with the Spider Guild proved disastrous. When reason and threats failed to turn them away, Brin was forced to retreat and nearly lost his life in the process.
Returning to his masters, the Guardians of the Universe, Brin alerted them to the threat of the Spider Guild and they sent two more Green Lanterns back to the space sector to give Brin back-up. The other Lanterns succeeded where Brin had failed. Called back to Oa, the Guardians decided that it was time for Brin to retire.
Brin returned to his family and told them of his most recent adventure. Three of the Guardians came to his planet to choose his successor. The family believed that either Cor or Meri would be the one to take their father's place, but as it turned out, it was actually their robotic nanny, Teacher, who was selected to become the new Green Lantern of this sector. Brin remained on his home world with his family to raise his new infant child.
Brin eventually died of natural causes following his forced retirement from the Green Lantern Corps.
- Indomitable Will: Brin possessed an exceptionally strong sense of will, a required trait for induction into the Green Lantern Corps.
- Like all first generation Green Lanterns, Brin's Power Ring was defenseless against threats that were yellow in color.
- Flight generated by his Green Lantern Ring
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- The death of Brin took place off-panel and was revealed in Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Secret Files and Origins #1.
- 3 Appearances of Brin (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Brin (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Brin (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Brin (New Earth)
- Green Lantern at dccomics.com
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Brin at DCU Guide
- Brin at Comic Vine
- Brin at Comicbookdb.com
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."