Bruce was eventually adopted by Jonathan and Martha Kent from Smallville, and he became the adoptive brother of Clark Kent. Bruce Kent grew up as a grade A student and he focused his attention on science, criminology and fighting techniques. On his later teenage years, Bruce created a masked identity to fight crime and learned the secret identity of his brother as Superboy. They decided to team-up as Batboy and Superboy and they became unstoppable crime fighters.
As an adult, Bruce Kent received the heritage from his parents and he moved to Wayne Manor with the Kent Family. As the Kent brothers, their activities became notorious as the grown-up team of Superman and Batman. They were eventually confronted by a master criminal called Lex Luthor, who tried to defeat the heroes without success. Luthor eventually came up with a plan to distract Superman and attacked Batman while he was alone. Luthor had kidnapped the Kents and he forced Batman to pass a series of deadly traps before being able to save his parents. Unfortunately, Luthor took desperate measures and killed the Kents before Batman could save them. When Superman returned to Gotham, he learned about the tragedy and in order to help the grief-stricken Batman, he took his brother across the Timestream to the 30th Century and and asked the Legion of Super-Heroes to give Batman a place among them.
In the aftermath, Superman remained the protector of Gotam City in the 20th Century while Batman did the same, far in the future.
- This version of Batman, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Bruce Wayne (Earth-172)
- 5 Images featuring Bruce Wayne (Earth-172)
- Quotations by or about Bruce Wayne (Earth-172)
- Character Gallery: Bruce Wayne (Earth-172)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
Legion of Super-Heroes member
Superman Family member