Bruce Wayne was the Gotham City vigilante Batman. He worked alongside his junior partner Robin and his friend Superman. They were on the trail of a criminal known as Automator. When they managed to corner the crook, Batman fell for the man's trap and was vanished with a special machine. For years, his friends and family thought that Batman was dead.
Eventually, a new criminal appeared. Using special gloves, the criminal performed amazing crimes and he even managed to cause permanent blindness on Superman. Golden Gloves then carried Superman to his hideout, where an elder Automator was waiting for him. It was then that Robin and Superman worked together to stop the Automator and they were schocked to learn that Golden Gloves was actually Bruce Wayne. The Automator explained that he never killed Batman, but simply transported him to his hideout, where he brainwashed him and used a special serum that would prevent him from aging. Once the Automator was behind bars, Robin decided to help Batman recover his lost memory.
- This version of Batman, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Bruce Wayne (Earth-184)
- 2 Images featuring Bruce Wayne (Earth-184)
- Quotations by or about Bruce Wayne (Earth-184)
- Character Gallery: Bruce Wayne (Earth-184)