- I missed them. I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't want to be Bruce Wayne. I didn't want to be Green Lantern. Standing in front of a lantern ... but feeling submerged in shadow. Like I never left the cave under my mom and dad's house, with the darkness, and the bats. So I became ... Batman: The Dawnbreaker.
- -- Batman: The Dawnbreaker src
Bruce Wayne was born to Dr. Thomas Wayne and his wife Martha, as the heir to the wealthy Wayne Family. One night returning home from a film, while walking through an alleyway they were ambushed by a gunman who shot his parents. As they lay dying Bruce felt a void inside himself, and as anger swelled inside him, he was chosen by a green ring to join the Green Lantern Corps. Filled with rage, he ignored the ring's protests and killed Joe Chill by overriding the ring's programming with his willpower. When Bruce attempted to bring Thomas and Martha back to life, all the ring did was reanimate them into zombies, forcing Bruce to kill them again. 
Allowing Bruce Wayne to be declared dead, he decided to deliver justice to criminals through lethal force, bringing their bodies out of the earth's atmosphere. The darkness inside him filled the ring, and even the police began to question his methods. Eventually, Jim Gordon decided to call him out on his brutal tactics, revealing he knew all along who Green Lantern really was. In response, Bruce murdered Gordon. At that moment, the Green Lantern Corps and the Guardians themselves came to arrest him, but they all fell to the darkness inside Bruce's ring. Deciding to become someone other than Green Lantern or Bruce Wayne, he stepped into his Power Battery. Supercharging himself with green light mixed with his inner darkness, he took up the name Dawnbreaker.
As his world began to tear to pieces a voice from the void began speaking to him, identifying himself as The Bat Who Laughs a servant of Barbatos and offered a place beside the Red Death and the Murder Machine in the Dark Knights. After traveling to the Earth that was destined to live with the other Dark Knights, The Dawnbreaker went to Coast City to subjugate its people. However he was intercepted by Hal Jordan who he tried to kill until he was whisked away by an unseen force, he then proceeded to envelop the city in Darkness.
He then fought against Hal again and overwhelmed him, before Cyborg intervened.
- Indomitable Will: Dawnbreaker's willpower is unmatched, being able to overpower and warp his ring only minutes after getting it, breaking it and allowing it to harness the void of darkness inside his being.
- Corrupted Green Lantern Ring
- Dark Construct Creation: Bruce was able to create Dark constructs out of the darkness of his soul.
- Energy Construct Creation
- Energy Negation: The Dawnbreaker can use his ring's control over his own internal darkness to overpower and cause malfunctions in other light sources, including Power Rings.
- Energy Projection: The Dawnbreaker could emit energy beams powerful enough to disintegrate a person.
- Infection: The darkness that the Dawnbreaker controls with his ring has the potential to corrupt the entire Green Lantern Corps.
- Superhuman Strength
"With darkness black, I choke the light!
No brightest day escapes my sight!
I turn the dawn into midnight!
Beware my power... Dawnbreaker's Might!"
- 23 Appearances of Bruce Wayne (Earth -32)
- 17 Images featuring Bruce Wayne (Earth -32)
- 2 Quotations by or about Bruce Wayne (Earth -32)
- Character Gallery: Bruce Wayne (Earth -32)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."