Rise of Bizarro
At some point in time, Darkseid managed to manufacture a clone of Kal-El in almost every facet. This clone had all of Kal's memories, including his upbringing with the Kents. However, it does not appear to have any memory of Val-Zod.
The Hunger Dogs
As Brutaal, the Superman clone fought the new Wonders and defeated them alongside the other Hunger Dogs. He would then spare the heroes for an unknown reason and would go to Steppenwolf's aid during the World Army's invasion of Dherain. The new Wonders eventually returned after being healed by Doctor Fate and would help evacuate the remaining World Army Soldiers. The clone would soon aid Steppenwolf in his fight with Green Lantern and ended up defeating him. The clone then killed Steppenwolf, as the latter was declaring himself the master of Earth rather than Darkseid, and then removed his costume, making everyone mistakenly believe him to be the original Superman.
The clone continued his assault on the World Army's Arkham base, but soon came in to conflict with Doctor Fate who came to stop him. After a very brief battle Superman got the upper hand and managed to crack Fate's helmet. Just as he was about to kill Fate, the Flash arrived and took the beaten Fate back to the World Army's base. After defeating Fate, the Superman clone continued to attack the base and managed to cause most of it to cave-in. Just as he prepared to enter the destroyed base, Flash stepped in and tried to distract the clone, by forcing him to chase him. The clone eventually caught him, but spared him, saying that he could be useful to Darkseid. The clone eventually returned to Arkham with an unconscious Flash and told Mister Terrific and Terrence Sloan that Darkseid had need of them and then told Doctor Bedlam to release the horde of Parademons to attack Earth.
The clone, after releasing the Parademon horde, took Flash, Mister Terrific, and Sloan to Washington, D.C., where he took the Washington Monument and threw it into the White House. The clone then declared that everyone should be thankful, for Darkseid had decided to make their Earth into the "New Apokolips" and he needed Sloan and Mr. Terrific's help to do it.
The clone later left Sloan and Terrific with Bedlam and continued with exterminating the remains of the World Army. The clone ended up in Moscow, where the remaining members of the World Army were be transported to safety by Sandman. The World Army's Wonder the Atom tried to hold off the Superman clone, but was quickly defeated after the clone used his heat vision to remove Atom's right arm and used it to knock him. Even though he defeated Atom, the clone was unable to finish off the remaining World Army forces, who escaped through Sandman's portal.
After leaving Moscow, the clone met up with the Beguiler and discovered the Space Ark, which was the last hope for humanity to survive, while the remaining people on Earth were left to die. Beguiler offered to destroy the ship, but was stopped by the clone, who decided to make an example. The clone then proceeded to break the ship open in the vacuum of space, killing all of the passengers inside. After killing all of the passengers, Bedlam contacted Superman and told him that he discovered Sloan was hiding a Kryptonian. The clone would then return to the location where they were holding Sloan and attempted to interrogate him, but he was stopped by Doctor Bedlam, who revealed that the Kryptonian's name is Val-Zod and he was held at the World Army's Arkham base. After seeing some footage of Val's escape, the clone notices Batman and mistakes him for Bruce Wayne. The clone then tells Bedlam to send some Parademons with him to Gotham believing that's where he will find Val.
Upon arriving in Gotham, the clone began to search for Val, whom he quickly found. The clone managed to overpower Val and attempted to kill him, but was stopped by Red Tornado, who revealed herself to be Lois Lane. After revealing herself to the clone she got hit by one of the Parademons' blasts, which then caused the clone to attack them and then goes back to evil berserk way before Lois snaps him out. The clone and Lois then leave and go to the Kent farm where Superman kills Pa Kent because he stood up against him and Darkseid.
When the clone clashes with Val-Zod, now wearing the symbol of the House of El, Val realizes that the clone was not the real Superman. He realizes the scars around the clone's eyes are not scars, but cracks in his skin. He cracks the skin to reveal a broken, haphazard being with an inverted House of El symbol. Lois destroys what is left of the clone and it decays into dust.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Brutaal possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Brutaal's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Brutaal can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Brutaal's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision Brutaal's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Brutaal can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Brutaal's can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived - such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans - is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Brutaal's can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Brutaal is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Brutaal is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Brutaal is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Brutaal's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Brutaal is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Brutaal is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
His Heat Vision unlike his gene doner functions more like Darkseid's Omega Sanction, enabling him to change and alternate the trajectory of his eye beams.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Brutaal possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- 17 Appearances of Brutaal (Earth 2)
- 9 Images featuring Brutaal (Earth 2)
- 3 Quotations by or about Brutaal (Earth 2)
- Character Gallery: Brutaal (Earth 2)
Superman Family member
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.