Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
C.A.P. was a robotic canine developed by military scientists during World War II. The animal was packaged in a crate and shipped to the South Pacific where it assisted Sgt. Coker and the second G.I. Robot. Upon reading the robot's anagram designation, Sgt. Coker felt that "CAPD" was a stupid name and shortened it to CAP. On the beaches of the Japanese island of Tattu, CAP sighted something out at sea. He darted into the water only to find himself viciously maligned by a great white shark. The G.I. Robot swam into the water and shot the shark with its weaponized hand gauntlets. It recovered CAP's remains and brought them back to shore. Sgt. Coker meanwhile, discovered why CAP had run off into the water. Less than a mile off shore was a Japanese submarine preparing for a kamikaze attack. Thanks to CAP's perceptiveness, Coker alerted the other American officers stationed on the island and they were able to repel the enemy. In short order, CAP was repaired and returned to active service with Coker and G.I. Robot. Strangely enough, CAP was programmed with a personality and sense of loyalty similar to that of an actual canine. Whatever became of CAP following the end of World War II is unknown.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 1 Appearances of C.A.P.D. (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring C.A.P.D. (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about C.A.P.D. (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: C.A.P.D. (New Earth)