Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
|Real Name||Caitlin Snow|
|Current Alias||Killer Frost|
|Affiliation||Secret Society of Super-Villains|
|Base Of Operations||Pittsburgh|
|Unusual Features||Unique Physiology|
|Creators||Gerry Conway, Al Milgrom|
- YES! Cait. Lin. Snow. For. The. Win!
- -- Dr. Caitlin Snow src
Caitlin Snow was a young and bright scientist working for S.T.A.R. Labs assigned to an underfunded S.T.A.R. Labs Outpost #72 in the Arctic Circle, where the deceased researcher Dr. Louise Lincoln had been working on a Self-Sustaining Thermodynamic Ultraconductor Engine that could subvert the second law of thermodynamics in order to create perpetual motion. Caitlin became interested in continuing Lincoln's work, in spite of her colleagues warning her against it.
When Caitlin succeeded in finishing the S.T.U. engine, her colleagues turned on her and revealing themselves to be working for H.I.V.E., as they were expected to ensure that the engine was never made public in order to protect H.I.V.E.'s investments in the energy industry. Furthermore, they were also responsible for Lincoln's death, and they then proceeded in silencing Caitlin by placing her in the working S.T.U. engine. In a panic, Caitlin ripped out the wires for the engine's coolant system, consequently infusing her biological makeup with ice. As a result, she became a vampiric being who craved for heat, and killed the H.I.V.E. agents.
After carrying out her vengeance, Caitlin continued to search for other sources of heat; she attacked a Norwegian research camp and stole their helicopter to fly to her hometown of Pittsburgh, where she encountered and fought Firestorm. While fighting Firestorm, Caitlin discovered that Firestorm's powers can temporarily heal her condition, and devoted her time to seeking and confronting him. She soon learned about the Firestorm Matrix and attempted to recreate it.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Unique Physiology: Her new state is very basic, almost primal. Her body is completely encased in permafrost. She is not made of ice but she generates organic ice-like cells which make up her changed genetics.
- Cryokinesis: She can generate ice spikes to spear her opponents, kill a man by freezing him with a kiss and/or create frost cold enough to kill multiple people with just the snap of her fingers.
- Science: She is S.T.A.R. Labs' youngest and brightest scientist. Solving difficult equations in a single day's time as well as being able to repair and operate heavy, energy generating machinery.
- Killer Frost was created by Gerry Conway and Al Milgrom, first appearing in Firestorm #3. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Killer Frost first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men #19 by Dan Jurgens.
- 13 Appearances of Caitlin Snow (Prime Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Caitlin Snow (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Caitlin Snow (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Caitlin Snow (Prime Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Firestorm Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Firestorm and any of his supporting cast or members of the Firestorm Matrix. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Firestorm Villains category."
Secret Society of Super-Villains member