The Cannoneer was a street performer, who worked as a human cannonball. He often performed his act in Gotham's Central Park with help from his brutish assistant, Dum-Dum. Cannoneer eventually turned to crime and planned a heist on the Brotherhood Express Train, which contained valuable art pieces. In order to succeed, he tricked a lovely circus midged into taking some shrinking pills and blackmailed her to steal the art. His plan succeeded, but soon, the Gotham City Police Department started investigating the case with help from Batman and Atom. Batman confronted the Cannoneer and managed to defeat the criminal, while Atom rescued the shrunk midget. After she was returned to her normal size, Cannonneer was taken in by the GCPD.
- Cannon large enough to shoot people as human cannonballs.
- This version of Cannoneer, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Cannoneer (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Cannoneer (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Cannoneer (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Cannoneer (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."
|Atom Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Atom, the mighty mite. He may also have been an enemy of of the second Atom. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Atom Villains category."